37 -- Swings and New Ways of Killing

Hey everyone! First off, I hate the cold. Okay, sorry about that. I needed to get it out. Second,  I have been writing like crazy. I'm surprised I got this chapter done so fast considering everything I've had going on this week, but it is a pretty sucky chapter, so sorry for that. Anyways the last chapter was a bit of a cliffhanger so here's the rest. Hope you like it. Please comment, vote, fan. Thanks for reading. I love you guys!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the guys got ready to jump into action, but Jace beat them to it. “She doesn’t want to talk to you.” All of the guys were about to yell something, when they stopped and stared at Jace a little shocked. Even I was. I didn’t know he would stick up for me like that.

He walked up next to me and glared at Alex who glared right back. “What’s it with you anyway? This isn’t any of your business. Just leave.”

“She’s my date tonight. So I think it is,” he hissed.

Alex looked shocked and horrified, as if a car was about to hit him. He just stood there with a glassy expression before it turned into anger. “The hell you are,” he growled. Garrett took a step in front of me and stood to my left, glaring at Alex. He opened his mouth to say something, but Alex cut him off. “Tell him Garrett. He’s not going out with her.” He looked directly at me. “He is not taking you out on a date.”

“That’s not your choice,” I spat angrily. His eyes flashed with pain and sadness for a millisecond before they went back to anger.

He looked over at Garrett and Noah who were to my left. “You’re just going to let her go out with him?!”

Noah rolled his eyes. “Yeah. Maybe he’ll treat her right. Maybe he won’t hurt her!” Alex’s eyes flashed with pain again and he looked down this time. I felt Jace protectively wrap an arm around my shoulder. I didn’t protest even though I didn’t know if I was comfortable with it.

When Alex looked up, his eyes flashed with complete rage as he saw Jace’s arms around me. Then they went very soft with sadness. When did he become so bipolar? “I didn’t mean to. Danni if I could just explain you would understand. Please just let me—”

Noah rolled his eyes. “We’re leaving.” He walked past Alex, bumping him. Everyone followed. Alex reached out to grab my arm as I walked by, but Jace hit his arm out of the way. Alex gave him the most hateful glare I’ve ever seen anyone give. He looked like he could invent new ways to kill Jace. I looked down and kept walking as Jace put his arm around me again.

I barely heard Alex, but I still heard the faint whisper of his voice as I passed by. “Give me a chance.” I pretended like I didn’t, and nobody else heard. I sighed and went back. Jace stopped me before I got into the car.

He gave a light smile. “You really don’t have to do this if you don’t want to. I know it’s hard.” I gave a weak smile. “Do you want to?” he asked quietly, as if afraid of the answer. I hesitantly nodded. “Really? Great. I’ll call you tomorrow?” he said, but it came out as a question. I laughed and nodded. He smiled and we headed our separate ways.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

The next day he called around 11:30. I gulped as I slowly answered the phone. All of the guys were intently listening. They made me put it on speaker. “Hello?” I asked cautiously. I prayed he didn’t screw up anything so they guys wouldn’t let me go.

“Hey,” his voice came, sounding excited. “I was wondering if you wanted lunch at noon.”

I felt hot breath tickle my ear and I slapped behind me. Logan was groaning in pain. “I was just going to tell you to ask him where.”