21 -- Fashion Designers and the Amazing Sibling

Hey, guys. I know it's been longer than usual and I'm sorry. Also no more updates this week because I'm going to be gone. I'm lucky I got this one updated with how busy I've been lately. Again, sorry and I'll make it up to you guys. I promise.

So last chapter she said she loved Alex! YAY! Then she said they couldn't be together. AW! Then her parents came home. I wonder what's going to happen. This isn't a very dramatic chapter. It's kind of a cool off chapter. So we'll see how things work out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was wearing one of her dresses, a big floppy hat, high heels, and ginormous sunglasses. She hugged me. I didn’t hug back at first. I was too shocked. I finally hugged back.

We pulled back and my dad hugged me. “Danielle,” my parents were the only ones who called me that, “how have you been, sweetie?”

I looked at them confused. “Great… Why are you here?” I asked. They looked at each other and smiled.

“We’re staying here for a month! Isn’t that great sweetie?!” I nodded unable to say anything. My parents hadn’t stayed at this house since I was ten. “We can hang out and go shopping-Oh this is going to be so great!” she exclaimed. I gulped.

I smiled trying to be encouraging. “So sweetie what’s been going on here?” my dad asked.

I shrugged. “Nothing.” Even though a million things had happened this year. He nodded and walked into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. He smiled at me.

My mother smiled at me. “Oh, honey we’re having dinner here with all of your friends and their families. Go get changed.” I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing jeans and a nice t-shirt. I hadn’t changed since the date.

“I’ll just wear this.” She sighed. Since she was a fashion designer she always tried to get me to wear these uncomfortable, ugly, girly clothes. I always refused. “Mom its fine.” They hired a cook to make dinner and everyone came over.

All of the grownups talked after they ate, but we went into the living room. I sat there shaking my foot nervous at just being in the same room as Alex after what happened. Garrett walked over and put his arm around me. “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine Danni.” He said referring to my parents, not Alex.

I nodded and looked up. Alex was staring into my eyes. I sighed. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I wanted him to hold me in his arms and tell me he loved me. He looked away. “I don’t know if I ever will be again, Garrett,” I said staring at Alex. He met my eyes again.

I couldn’t take it. I ran upstairs. “I’ll get her,” I heard Alex yell from downstairs. He knocked on the door and came in without waiting for a response. He immediately ran over and kissed me. I pulled back.

I shook my head and turned around. “Alex we can’t. We have to get over each other and move on.” He messaged my back.

I could feel his breath on my neck. “I’ll never be able to get over you Danni.” He kissed my neck. I walked forward away from his grip. He sighed. “Danni I can’t do this! I can’t not kiss you! I've waited and worked so long and hard to have you like me and now you ask me to not kiss you?” he complained.

I shook my head. “Well you’re going to have to deal with it! We-” I yelled when I heard another knock. We both went silent as my mother walk in. She smiled at me and Alex.

“Funny I always thought you would get with Ashton or Garrett,” she chuckled to herself. What was with everyone thinking I should get with Garrett or Ashton? Just because Garrett's my best friend and Ashton's nice to me doesn't mean that we would get together. This isn't some romance, cliche story.

My eyes popped out of my head. “Mom!”

She laughed. “Sorry, sorry. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone, especially your father. He would go crazy.”

“Mom!” I yelled again.

“Oh, sorry I’m rambling again. You two need to come downstairs if you’re going to, um, kiss.” I rolled my eyes and ran downstairs before it got any more embarrassing. Alex followed me chuckling.

I sighed. “Your mom is the funniest person ever,” he whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes. My mom was the most embarrassing person ever. It was nice to have her back though. I missed her. She walked down and went with the rest of my parents.

Jenna walked out of the kitchen. “I didn’t think they would ever let me go. Just because nobody else’s parents here decided to have more than one kid they all think I’m the amazing sibling.” I laughed.

She looked at me sternly. “You come here!” she yelled pointing to me. I gulped and looked back at Alex. He shrugged. I walked over. She grabbed me by the ear and dragged me upstairs. I looked at her like she was crazy. I started to yell at her, but she held up her hand. “Listen!” I nodded. “Alex told me you told him you loved him,” she teased.

I rolled my eyes, but I blushed. “Yeah.”

She giggled, but then she stopped and it turned into a frown. “And he told me you don’t want to be together because it would ruin your friendship.” I nodded. “I get it. I understand why. I won’t question you.” I let a breath out relieved she wasn’t going to yell at me. She sighed. “I wish you could be together. You’re so cut together.”

We walked back downstairs. “We’re going to Garrett’s to watch a movie. You want to come?” Ashton asked me and Jenna. I nodded. Jenna had never really hung out with us. She nodded too though.

We walked over to Garrett’s. I was about to sit next to Ryan when Jenna saw me and jumped to sit down leaving the only seat between Alex and Garrett. I sighed and sat next to him. I felt him grab my hand and message it with his. I pulled my hand back. He looked over at me with sadness in his eyes. I hated to hurt him, but it was for the best. Wasn't it? I didn't know anymore. Maybe I should have gave it a try.

I couldn’t look in his eyes. It was too hard. I just needed to make it the last two days then it would be summer.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a really short chapter and I'm sorry, but I'm away and can't write. This will probably be the only update this week and the only reason I could update is because I wrote most of it before we left. So again I'm sorry and I'll make it up to you somehow.

So what is everybody thinking? Should her and Alex be together? Have your thoughts about Alex or Cody changed? I would like to know and I would appreciate it if you left a comment or told me. It is very helpful in my writing.

Thanks everyone so much for all the votes and comments. This story has gotten pretty popular. I mean it's not on the What's Hot list, but it has gotten much more popular than what expected thanks to all my amazing fans. I love you guys.

Thanks for reading. Please comment and vote!

Adios!

-believeinu<3