36 -- Painted Asses and Rookies

Hey guys. Look I'm pretty early since my last update... Who loves me? Haha. Anyways not too much to say except thanks for reading! Please comment, vote, and fan! It would mean the world to me! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got home I jumped onto the couch. I had four classes with him. Seeing him let alone once a day was bad, but four, not even including lunch and in between breaks, was pure torture. I’m just glad it was Friday. Ryan patted my back. “You okay?” I smiled and nodded. “You know I hate when you try and act like you’re okay.”

I rolled my eyes and bumped him. “I’m fine.”

Ashton rolled his eyes. “No she’s not!” he yelled. I shot him a glare which he returned. Suddenly his face lit up and a smile appeared on his lips. “Danni let’s do something fun. All of us.” I couldn’t help a smile from spreading as an idea popped onto my face. But Ashton beat me to it. “Paintball!” he yelled.

I jumped up onto the couch, stuck a fist in the air like I was holding a sword, and shouted, “We ride at dawn!” We all bust out laughing. I looked over at my friends. This felt good. I don’t think I had been this joking since me and Alex got together. Maybe it wasn’t all a bad thing. But there was that slight moment when my chest felt like it was going to explode when I said his name.

I tried to shake it, but it felt like a dull aching that wouldn’t go away. That’s how it felt most of the time, or just numbness. The aching felt better to me. It made me think that I actually felt at all instead of the numbness.

I thought all of this in a millisecond before I wiped it off my face and put the smile back. I didn’t want to ruin this trip. “Hey I can call Jace and Drake and ask them too!” All of the guys nodded and I went to make the call. I was going to have fun. I was going to forget about him. At least if it was just for an hour while people were shooting me.

 *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

In thirty minutes we were at the paintball place. Jace and Drake were standing outside waiting. I jumped out excitedly. Jace and Drake observed me up and down. “Damn, you do get better looking every time we see you. Where’s the boyfriend?” Drake asked with a wink.

I bit my lip and looked down. Forget him. Forget him. Forget him, I kept chanting in my mind. He doesn’t deserve me. Forget him. He cheated. Forget him. Forget what he did. Forget him. Just forget him. “Oh, he broke up with you?” Jace’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I didn’t meet his eyes. “Cheated on you?” he tried again. I gave a slight nod, still not able to look up.

Ashton walked up and gave my arm a squeeze supportively. “Forget the dude. He’s an idiot. Nobody in their right mind would cheat on such an amazing girl,” Jace said. I gave a small smile. “Come on. Let’s go kick some painted ass. That’ll make you feel better.” A real smile broke onto my face. “There you go.”

I laughed and looked back at Noah. “Ready to get your painted ass kicked?” I asked.

He smirked. “You wish. Bring it... rookie.”

Everyone yelled, “Oh, burn!”

I glared at him. “Really? Rookie? Well it didn’t seem like I was the rookie when I shot your ass down last time. Just like I’m going to do again. So Noah, unless you’re talking to a mirror, you’re calling the wrong person a rookie.” I smirked and walked off to go get ready. The boys shouted the same things and I laughed. Me and Noah always were on opposite teams and talked smack talk, trying to beat each other. He was the best, besides me and… him.