12 -- The Triathlon

Hey guys! I know I'm a little late on the update. I'm sorry about that.

Oh and I know that I don't often post youtube videos, but I did this time. I thought it matched Danni perfectly. A big thanks to 830Freckles for showing me the video!

Anyway not much drama in this chapter, but a little! I'm sorry about that and I promise the next chapter will be packed for drama for you guys!

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote! It means the world when you do! Thank you to all my wonderful fans who do! It makes me smile!:) I love you guys!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard several people bang on the door. “Danni open the door!” I shook my head even though they couldn’t see. “Danni open this door right now, God dammit!” I couldn’t tell whose voice it was that was louder than the rest.

I couldn’t believe Ryan said that. I know that I was spending less time with them, but it didn’t mean I had changed. Did it? I hated myself. What if I had changed for a guy? Would I ever go back to normal? I dug my nails into my palms. The banging didn’t stop. “Danni, please.” I recognized Ashton’s calm voice among the shouts.

“Listen!” I yelled. They all stopped pounding and shut up. “I will let Ashton only in! If anyone else tries to get in I am kicking you all out forever!” I opened the door and Ashton stepped in. All of the other guys just stared. “Now everyone else leave!” I yelled and slammed the door in their faces and waited until I heard steps on the stairs. Once I did I ran over to Ashton.

He swarmed me into a hug. We just hugged in silence for a while. If there was one person I could always count to calm me down, it was Ashton. I immediately felt a little better. “Have I really changed all for a guy?” He opened his mouth to say something sweet, but I cut him off, “I want the honest truth, Ashton. Please tell me.”

He sighed. “I kind of have noticed you’ve been a little different. You spend a lot of time with him, or talking about him, and you’ve kind of maybe lost a little of your boyishness.”

I looked down. I wanted to cry, but I didn’t cry. I hadn’t cried in since I was five. I know it sounds unbelievable, but it was true. I cried the first day he I met Garrett. He stole my macaroni and cheese so I cried, kicked him in the shin which made him cry, and took it back.

“I want to go back! I want to be me again!” I cried shaking my head. Ashton sighed.

He gently grabbed me and sat me down on the bed. “Danni, you’ve been my best friend since the first day in kindergarten. Maybe you should try to think less about Cody and more about what you used to think about before him.” I sighed. “Look, Danni, this isn’t the easiest thing for me to say, okay? I don’t like to hurt you, but you asked for the truth.”

I nodded. “Yes, I did. Thank you for helping me and I’m going to take your advice.” I smiled coming up with an idea.

I popped up and ran downstairs. They all looked at me surprised. Ryan was the first one to come back from shock. He jumped up and ran over to hug me. “Danni! I am so, so sorry!”

I sighed. I pulled back. “No I’m sorry. I really am guys. I’m sorry that I got all girly. He was my first boyfriend in a long time, but I’m over all of that girly shit now. I am no longer whipped!” They all laughed and cheered. “And to celebrate we’re going to play our triathlon!”

We hadn’t played our triathlon in a year. It consisted of three games and points. We all started with twenty points. You would gain and loose points all through the triathlon. The one with the most points won.