35 -- Middle Names and a Million Years

Hey guys! I'm really sorry I left you so long with the last chapter and all, but at least it wasn't a cliffhanger. Anyway you know the holidays. I was busy buying presents, going to parties, being with family. And then I tried to update yesterday but my internet died. :/ So I didn't have time to write, but now I do and I'm back! Although I've still got basketball so uploads won't be too frequent.

So what did you guys think of the last chapter? Mwahaha. Alex is quite the evil bastard, is he not? Lol. So we shall see how she reacts. I know it's not the most exciting chapter, but we're getting closer and closer to a VERY dramatic chapter as we near the end. But for now, fan, comment, vote. Thanks for being so patient! I love you guys! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day feeling like crap. I smelt bacon. I instantly perked up. I jumped up and ran to the kitchen. Garrett was cooking fresh, juicy bacon. “Garrett I love you!” I cried as I threw my arms around him.

He laughed and hugged me back. “I love you too, Danni.” The words sent the memory of yesterday flooding back to me. Alex cheating on me. Fresh hot tears sprang to my eyes. Garrett looked over. “Shit, Danni. I didn’t mean to.” I waved my hand dismissively, trying to tell him I was fine. But I wasn’t. Maybe I won’t ever be again. I tried to force the tears back. I may have cried yesterday, but not anymore. I wasn’t giving that worthless piece of shit another tear. Not now. Not ever again. He wasn’t worth it.

Garrett wrapped me in his arms. “This isn’t your fault. You know that right?” he whispered. I nodded. “Good. I don’t want you to blame yourself for… for what he did. It was all his fault and his choice. Nothing you ever did influenced it.” He was trying to make sure I wasn’t thinking it was somehow my fault; that I wasn’t good enough for him or something. I didn’t think that. Only girls who wallow in self-pity did.

“He’s the one who’s not good enough for me,” I whispered.

A smile broke out on Garrett’s face. “There’s my Danni.” He winked and went back to cooking bacon. I remembered when me and Alex cooked breakfast for Garrett. He wrapped his arms around me as I was cooking. We kissed. We kissed, we kissed, we kissed. It kept echoing over and over in my mind as I replayed the moment, the passion, the heat, the love. That I thought was real. “Danni, are you okay?” he asked.

I snapped out of my trance and looked over at Garrett. He was looking concerned at me. Crap. I hadn’t realized I was staring of into space daydreaming of him. I nodded slowly. I needed to clear him from my mind. The sooner the better. I would get over him. I had to. But I knew that somewhere deep in my heart, I wouldn’t.

I was dreading going to school. I would have to see him. But I wouldn’t show any hurt. I wouldn’t show how it affected me. Garrett handed me some bacon. I immediately chowed down on it. “God Danni. You know I have never seen a girl eat so much in my life?” Noah laughed, ruffling my hair.

I glared at him. “Noah don’t make me use your middle name today at school.” His eyes got big as he shook his head rapidly. I smirked, but then it faltered when I remembered who told me Noah’s middle name. Alex. Why did everything remind me of him? Every little thing. It was going to be torture at school today.

“Danni?” I looked up at Noah. “You okay?” he asked quietly. I nodded and ate another piece of bacon, a little slowly this time. “You were thinking about Alex weren’t you?” I shook my head vigorously. He gave me a disbelieving look. “I swear I’m going to kick his ass so hard for doing that to you!” he screamed.