20 -- Goose Bumps and Killers

Hey guys! Chapter 20! Wow it has gone by fast and we aren't even close to the end yet!

So the last chapter got a great response! Thanks so much! You guys are the best fans ever! So I updated early and I'm thinking of adding another chapter to my short story collections Short and Sweet just to say thanks.

So last chapter was a cliffhanger... Sorry! This chapter is really, really big! I really want to know what yout think. I had a bunch of opinions on the last one and I want more!

Thanks everyone! I love you guys! Please comment and vote!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mouth hit the ground and I opened my eyes wide. I did not think that was going to happen. He chuckled and kissed me. He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine. “I love you, Danni. I don’t care if you say it back or not. I just wanted you to know.”

He just told me he loved me. He really just told me he loved me. I gulped. I didn’t love him. I didn’t even like him. I didn’t know what to do. I looked over at him. He was anxiously waiting for me. “I just need a few minutes for this to set in. I’m going to take a walk.” He nodded.

I walked by the edge of the lake. “Danni!” somebody called. I turned around to see Alex. I started to run away. “Danni wait! I can’t run anymore!” he huffed. I looked at him confused. He walked up to me. I wanted to run away, but I needed somebody to talk to, even if it was Alex.

I sighed. He sat down with me and we took our shoes of and put our feet into the water. “Cody told me he loved me,” I just randomly stated. He had the same reaction as me. He recovered from shock in a minute.

“Do you love him back?” he asked awkwardly.

I sighed and shook my head. “I haven’t liked him ever since…”

He raised an eyebrow. “Ever since what?” he asked. I started shaking my foot and the water near it made a bunch of waves. He smirked knowing I was nervous. “Come on, Danni. You can tell me.”

I sighed. “Ever since I started to like you,” I said quietly. He smirked. That wasn’t what I thought his reaction was going to be. I thought he was going to be completely shocked that I liked him. He must have knew that I liked him. “But I don’t anymore because you’re a douchebag. So how do you know?”

He shrugged. “Ashton told me.” I was so going to kill that kid. How could he tell Alex that I liked him? Oh, Ashton was so dead. “But it’s okay because I’m mad at Ashton too.” I looked at him confused. “He told me that I would make you jealous if I invited Ashley over and made her my girlfriend. Well that backfired.”

It took a minute for it to set in. “So you were trying to get me to like you?”

He nodded and grabbed my hand. “I do care about you. I just wanted you to like me back so I took Ashton’s advice. I waited. It didn’t work and I’m not patient enough so I had to try to get you to like me, Danni,” he stared deep into my eyes piercing my soul, “I still love you.” He still loved me? I thought he had moved on. I thought I had moved on too, but when he started leaning in I did too.

Our lips met and he gently kissed me. I felt like I was on fire. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer. After a while I pulled back and we rested our foreheads against each other. I knew what I thought. Everything was finally clear. After all of that worrying I knew what I wanted and who my choice was. “I love you too.”

“Danni?!” I looked over at Cody. “What’s going on?” he asked.

I sighed. I didn’t want to be the girl to break a guy’s heart, but I was going to have to be. “Cody,” I walked up to him, “I love Alex. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. We could still be friends if you want to.” I didn’t want to be friends though. I just wanted Cody out of my life once and for good. He had caused so much drama. He was nice, but he wasn’t for me.

He sighed. “I can’t believe you’d do this to me Danni!” The truth was I just wasn’t a good girlfriend. I didn’t like him, I kept secrets from him, and I lied to him. “We’re over.” I nodded and kissed his cheek. “Goodbye.”

He walked away. Alex smiled. I ran down into his arms. He spun me around and kissed me. I laughed. We lay down beside each other. We kissed gently at first. Then he rolled on top of me and kissed me hard knowing he finally could. I was glad knowing he could too. He kissed my neck. I smiled as his hand gently ran up and down my spine. It was giving me goose bumps. He made his way back up to my mouth.

He licked my bottom lip. I opened my mouth wider. He moaned into my mouth. We finally pulled back breathing heavily. “Alex, what are we going to do? None of the guys know about us besides Ashton and remember how they flipped out at truth or dare? Imagine now.”

He looked down. “Danni, it doesn’t matter about them.”

I sighed. “But it does Alex. We can’t break up all of our friendships over us. What about our friendship even? What happens if we break up? I don’t want to ruin our friendship over our… more than friendship.”

He shook his head. “Danni you don’t know how long I’ve waited and how hard I’ve worked for you to like me. I don’t care what anyone else says or what anyone else thinks. I love you so much.”

Why didn’t he understand? We could ruin everything we have to be together. Did I really want to risk it all for that? I didn’t know. “So you’re willing to wreck our friendship and everyone else’s to be with me? I don’t think I am Alex.”

He looked at me sadly. “But… What do you want to do then? Sneak behind their backs?”

I slapped him. “Alex!”

“I’m sorry. I just really want to be with you. I’ll do what you want to. I promise.” What did I want to do? I wanted to be with him, but I didn’t want to ruin my life by doing it. There was only one choice. I had to do it.

I sighed. “We can’t be together.” He dropped his jaw and after he recovered from shock he started to yell at me. “Wait!” I stopped him. “Alex I love you, but we can’t be a we. I can’t risk everything I have for a relationship.”

“But, Danni-”

“You promised you’d do this my way Alex.” He looked down. I did too. “This is what I want… or what I don’t want really. I love you, but we can’t be together Alex. I’m sorry.”

He put his hand on my face. “Danni, I love you too and if this is what you want I’ll go with it.”

I nodded. I couldn’t talk. He pulled me into him. I rested my head on his chest. We stood there with our arms wrapped around each other knowing this was the last time we could do this. I finally pulled back. “Goodbye, Alex.”

He nodded as I walked away. I drove to my house.  I didn’t want to go back to Garrett’s yet. I sat on my bed and stared at the ceiling.  I was thinking about if I was making the right decision or if I should have gotten with Alex. I didn’t know what to do anymore. I heard someone walk in.

I ran downstairs. I looked around. “Honey we’re home!” my mom yelled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! Okay so let's review. Cody loves Danni. Danni broke up with Cody. Danni loves Alex and Alex loves Danni but they aren't together. And her parents came home. Wow this was a short chapter and that was a lot of things. I told you guys this was a big chapter.

I felt bad about breaking Cody's heart. He tells her he loves her and she tells him she loves Alex. Poor Cody. Sorry about that.

In this chapter I wanted to make everyone fall in love with Alex. How did I do? Do you guys like Alex or Cody better? What do you think is going to happen next? I have no clue.

Thanks again for all of you amazing fans that comment and vote and add my story to your library and fan. You guys rock! You make my writing worth while.

Please comment and vote. Thanks!

Adios!

-believeinu<3