26 -- Breaking Points and Explosions

Okay first off let me say: Please don't kill me. I know you all must have thought I crawled under a rock and died or something since it's taken me so long to upload. I have some excuses! This chapter was sort of hard to write, first of all. Then I had a soccer tournament all weekend so I didn't get to write then. Oh speaking of soccer. Soccer's over. So I'll have more time to write! (Btw we won the tournament! Oh hell yeah! Hehe.) Then Halloween came and I couldn't write then. Plus I've been sick the past two days. So there is my list of excuses. Please don't be mad.

Second, I am here to inform you that this chapter is very... intense. It's kinda sad at some parts, but hey every story is. I promise that this won't last long and it will be back to normal before you know it!

And third. Who here is bored out of their mind looking for a good book? Well I am here to steer you in the right direction. So there's this girl on here. Her name's Nicah (pinklili1218). I've gotten to know her well and you all should be thanking her because she's helped me with all of this. She is one of the many reasons I have not given up on this book. She helps me a ton! Thanks! Also she is a freaking amazing author! Like seriously one of the best ever. So if you are interested in paranormal, romance, or vampire stories you should check out her stories called Vampire's Suck and Contego. I have read both of them and they are 100% awesome. So if you are in need of a good read. Check them out! Also a big thanks to her for helping me!

So I bet you all are dying to know what happens in this intense chapter that I have taken so long to upload. I will now let you read on and find out. Hopeful it's a good chapter and makes up for the long wait. Thank you so, so much to all of my fans! You rock!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bye, sweetie. We love you,” my mom smiled. My dad who had gotten back from  his business trip nodded gruffly and bluntly as they got in their limo and drove off. I waved. When they were gone I sighed. Alex rubbed my shoulders trying to calm me down. I hated that the month my mom and dad were staying was over. Not to mention that summer was nearing an end too.

Alex kissed the back of my head like he normally did when I couldn’t turn around and kiss him. “Don’t worry. You’ll be okay.” I nodded, but my eyes were hollow. I knew I would be okay. I had been okay on my own for a long time. I just wished they didn’t have to leave. I know me and my parents weren’t alike at all, but I still liked to see them every now and then. I loved them still.

We walked over to Garrett’s house and sat in his living room in silence watching TV. Nobody dared talk, especially to say anything about me or my parents. Alex sat me in his lap, wrapped his arms around me, and combed my hair with his fingers. I sighed. This silence was unbearable and I knew I was going to have a conversation about this sooner or later. So why not sooner and get it over with already? “I wish they didn’t have to leave.”

Alex kissed the top of my head sweetly. “I know. I understand,” he said soothingly, but it didn’t soothe me at all. It just made me angrier. How could he say that he understood? He didn’t understand the pain I was going through. He didn’t understand how it felt to have parents that didn’t love him.

He didn’t understand anything about me or my parents. “No you don’t! You have a family, a mom, and dad, and a sister even! They actually love you!” I yelled letting all of my feelings I had bottled up unleash on Alex. If I ever cried now would be the time, but I didn’t cry. I had to say strong. I ran outside unable to bare all of the eyes staring at me from the sudden outburst.

I sat down behind a tree next to the house hoping and praying nobody would see me. I could have found a much better hiding space, but I was much too emotionally exhausted to think. I closed my eye and rested my head against the side of the house. I felt people sit down on both sides of me. They didn’t say anything. I sighed. Somebody wrapped their arms around me. “They love you,” Ashton’s voice came from the right person.