Chapter 54

Ransom's point of view

We had all gathered together. We had opened every door, saving everyone. We were now loading up in the car. Some of the people had strangers in their laps, just because there wasn't enough seats.

I sat in the front next to the king while I put a child on my lap; that would soon see their parents again, hopefully. We drove quietly as people treated others as best they could, since some were injured. We arrived at the ocean in a matter of minutes, seeing other cars; cars that the other groups used. Meaning they were already in the ocean, swimming to the palace.

I opened the door, putting the baby on my hip to not lose it. I opened doors helping women and children, even a few injured men out. They all walked to the ocean, knowing to start swimming to the palace, to safety. I joined the people in the water, leading the way for them with the now baby mermaid close to me. I directed the child making sure they didn't lose the group. He stayed close to me while I move it in the direction he was suppose to go. Earning a glare from the boy. Better than getting lost, kid.

The boy swam quickly with the group, keeping up with us nicely. He swims pretty fast for a mermaid who was born on land.

We arrived at the palace, slipping into the place where everyone waited for us. I watched as people ran to their families. Boys ignoring the kisses from their mothers, not even caring anymore. Girls hugging each other in groups, with friends or family, some had both. A woman came over picking up the boy I had been watching.

I saw the king and all his daughters go into a hugging group. I watched as a girl, the princess, a granddaughter of Ariel's swim over to me. She stopped in front of me.

"Thank you. You're not hurt are you?" She asked with a gentle voice. The girl was quite skinny.

"I'm fine." I say as I puff out my chest to show I was indeed just fine, amazing actually. She blinked at me in a way that it looked flirtatious. I watched as she leaned closer to me, expecting a kiss? I leaned down as her lips puckered and she closed her eyes. I kissed her gently.