Chapter 11

Lagoon's point of view

^^^Lagoon (9)^^^

I was eating lunch in the living room since grandma only allowed the big kids in the kitchen. I was watching my favorite tv show, How I Meet your Mother. Rain sat next to me eating her own sandwich. South and North were having tummy time. Cassie and Meddie were playing with their dolls on the floor with each other. Caribbean was watching South and North to make sure they're safe and don't get stepped on.

I turned because I heard a car pull up into our driveway. I didn't anything of it since they were probably turning around because they got lost. I turned back to the tv when I heard a knock on the door. I got up before anyone else could since I wanted to know who was at the door. I pulled the door away with a little creak.

Once I opened the door I saw four boys standing in front of it. One started talking, saying, "Hello. Your grandmother--" I didn't wait for the rest of the sentence before slamming the door in his face then locking it. I started shouting for grandma since she'd know what to do.

"Grandma! Grandma! Grandma!" I shouted until I reached the kitchen.

"What is it, dear? Can't you see grandma is on the phone? And can you please use your inside voice. I'm right next to you; you don't need to shout." Was her answer to me before she went back to her conversation.

"There's a bunch of guys outside. They said they wanted you." I said in my inside voice.

"I'm going to have to call you back Steve, there seems to be someone at my door." She then hung up. I followed her out of the kitchen to the front door. She grabbed the baseball bat then slowly started unlocking the locks one by one with the other hand. "Hello? May I help you?" She asked in her grandmotherly voice.

"Yeah. You needed guards? You called Alec saying you wanted guards. I'm Ransom. This is Adam, John, and David." He said pointing at his friends.

Grandma moved out of the doorframe to let them in. "Come on in." She gave them a friendly smile. Then whispered to me. "Go get a big cup of water for me, sweetheart."

I walked into the kitchen to grab a cup of water for her. Once I did I went back to the living room where they were seated. I spilled some on the carpet as I handed grandma the cup of water. As soon as it was in her hands, she stood up and poured it on all of their legs. Soon they all turned to mermaids. They looked a little confused but Ransom's look didn't last long.

"Sorry. Just wanted to make sure." My grandma said as she turned back to me. "Will you go get them some towels." I ran up the stairs grabbing as many towels as I could, not wanting to waste time with getting towels since I wanted to know why they were here. I dropped towels on some of the stairs. Racing into the living room.

"Here you go." I handed each of them a towel to dry their fins.

"Hey. You were the little girl that answered the door." Ransom stated as he addressed the statement to me. "What's your name?"

"Lagoon. What are you doing here? I've never meet a boy mermaid that wasn't my daddy." I answered him quietly, at least I thought was quietly.

"Lagoon. What did I say about your inside voice. We are right next to you. No need to shout." My grandma said as she picked up a screaming North.

"Sorry grandma."

"I'm here to guard you. Since your sisters need our help as well as your grandma to keep all you safe." He told me ignoring the last statement.

"How long are you gonna stay?" I asked in my inside voice.

"I don't know. At least until we know all of you are safe."

I was gonna ask him another question but I heard someone scream my name. "Lagoon! Pick up this mess! We don't need all these towels on the floor!" My older sister shouted as she came down holding a pile of towels in my hands.

"But it wasn't me." I whined hoping that she would think I really didn't do it.

"Yes you did. I saw you running with a whole bunch of towels in your hands. Now go clean up your mess." She handed me the towels in her hands as I stood up to walk upstairs.

"Bye boy mermaids." I waved as best I could to the new people in my house as I walked up the stairs.