Chapter 40

Annabell's point of view

^^^Aquata (fourth child of the king)^^^

                                                            ^^^Atticus (35) (husband of Aquata)^^^

                                        ^^^Elizabeth (14), Cassia (18), Marie (16), Juliette (13)^^^

I was swimming to the palace. Hoping someone had told the king what was happening. If he was on land that meant I could save my brothers. It was the perfect opportunity. My brothers didn't do anything wrong. They're just little thieves. I was planning on sneaking in then sneaking out just as quickly and quietly. I was swimming in silence since I didn't have buddies with me, but on the way back I could talk with my brothers on the road. I was swimming in the direction where no one goes to but the royals; when I saw a large group. They were surrounded by guards. Who are they? They were all girls, many had a kid in their hands. What made them so special, that made them able to go through the back?

Maybe family of the king? I wonder what side of the family? He had so many daughters that it could be any of them. Plus they all have their own kids and a few of those kids have kids of their own. I was thinking all of this as they were speaking to the guards, soon they swam inside leaving me alone. I waited a few more minutes before I started to swim to the entrance. I swam quickly since I was always the fastest swimmer in my classes, but not as fast as the royal family.

My teachers always said I could be a guard with that skill, but I chose the life of crime. Much more exciting. I swam to the end of the hall, knowing that if I turned two corners I'll be at the entrance of the prison.

After my two turns I saw the guards waiting there patiently for me, well that was what I told myself as I swam closer. Thankfully there was only one guard, only for when the prisoners tried to escape. Usually they don't have to worry about it since there are even more guards all over the hall, but I guess the guards are on land helping the king. I snuck up behind him putting him in a choke hold. Making sure he couldn't breath. He struggled for a few minutes before passing out in my arms, causing me to drop him. Didn't want another reason to be placed in jail, plus not like he did anything to me. He's just doing his job.

I swam where I saw the keys floating on a chain. I grabbed them as the prisoners began to beg to be released. I went around searching each cell for them. I swam in front of one where they were napping, like they usually do on any other day. I opened the door, hoping to scare them. Apollo lifted his arm from his face before staring at me. I put my finger up to my mouth in the universal don't speak. He nodded as I swam up to Ares as he snored little bubbles that never make it to the surface.

I shook him seeing how asleep he was. He grumbled a bit but otherwise he didn't make a noise. I swam above him before slowly sinking to where he slept peacefully. I let my weight sink on him slowly as I heard his groans of annoyance before slowly peeling his eyes back to glare at me.

"What's that face for? I've come to save you! Where's your gratitude?!" I asked in fake shock. He shoved me off him before sitting up. He stretched himself a few times trying to annoy me, but I was used to it. He could try all he'd like. By the time he was done me and Apollo had left. Swimming to safety. As we swam to our hidden hide out with Ares far behind us, I looked back to stare at the palace. Hopefully this is the last time we see it.