Chapter 4

Cassie's point of view

                                                                               ^^^Cassie (3)^^^

                                                                               ^^^Cassie (3)^^^

When grandma Ariel got a phone call, I knew something was wrong when she started making a face of fear. I watched as she grabbed her purse and keys then went outside. Hopefully she comes back, I don't think I could watch my sisters. She wasn't gone long before she was back inside on another phone call. She grabbed my baby sister's car seats and strapped them in as she continued her conversation. "Children go put your shoes on. We're going to the zoo."

I ran upstairs and put my shoes on. Since I was the only one who could tie their laces; I helped my sisters with their laces. "Girls! Let's go!" I heard grandma shout from downstairs. We all raced down the steps. I watched as my grandma swung baby bags over her shoulder. She grabbed Meddie's hand as we walked outside to the car. Grandma helped us one by one get into the car. As soon as we were in she helped the ones that couldn't buckle themselves.

Once grandma buckled herself in we were on our way to the zoo. It didn't take long since we live pretty close, walking distance even. It took a few tries before grandma found a parking space. Once she did we all climbed out, staying near the car. I watched as she took out a double stroller. After she put the baby bags in the bottom of the stroller she went to grab North and South. As soon as they were strapped into the stroller we began our walk to the entrance.

As soon as we were through the big doors we began our walk. I noticed we were going to the aquarium since this it is always the first place I go to, well the entire family when we go to the zoo. When we arrived at the aquarium I noticed Brook standing next to one of the big water cages. We stopped right next to Brook. Grandma turned and started walking closer to the glass. I followed them to where the big crowd was taking pictures and videos.

When I got close to the glass I could see what the big attraction was. It was Bay. What was Bay doing in there? Didn't she know that we're not allowed to show our mermaid selves to other people that aren't family? I turned to grandma grabbing her to gain her attention. "Grandma? What's Bay doing in the aquarium? Doesn't she know she's not suppose to do that?" All grandma did was look down at me with a sad face as she patted my hand and told me to go back to where the other kids were.

It wasn't long before Brook and grandma came back. As soon as they did we left, but as we were leaving the aquarium I asked. "What about Bay, grandma?" She just ignored me as we left the zoo. When we were strapped into the van grandma answered my question.

"Don't worry, Cassie. We'll get her back. Alright?" She had tried to make me feel better and maybe less scared, but it helped her more then me.