Chapter 36

Harbour's point of view

                                                 ^^^Attina (the oldest of the king's daughter)^^^

^^^Ceto (husband of Attina)^^^

^^^Carrie (13)^^^

^^^Bao (17)^^^

We were almost home. We were still in the ocean, sadly. I missed my girls, it's been half a year since I last seen them but at least they had a new mother. She was still bleeding though and she didn't want me to help her. I had tried to help her but she kept saying this is what she get's for losing the baby and no matter how many times I tell her that I didn't care, that there would be more children. She still wouldn't listen. Sharks were trailing us, waiting for her death. If she'd just let me help.

We were going slower since before the attack. She was soaking as we swam causing us to lose time. She suddenly stopped swimming, sinking to the bottom very slowly. I swam to her catching her before she could get far. She was passed out, at least that was what it seemed like she could be dead for all I knew. I turned when I felt a disturbance in the water. The damn sharks were coming to chow down on her. I punched one in the nose when it came to close then I wanted. One of them opened their mouth to take a bite of her and maybe a piece of me. I swam away as quick as I could swatting the shark with the ends of my tails.

The sharks slowly started circling us causing us to be surrounded. The sharks then come after my mate so I flee before they come after me. When I started swimming I lost my grip on Jessica. I swam a few feet away before turning around. I watched as Jessica's tail was bitten into before swimming to her as fast as I could. I grabbed her out of the jaws of a shark that was about to bite into her face.

I swam for miles trying to get away from them but they followed and if they got to close I punched them or kicked them with my tail. We got pretty far before Jessica told me to stop.

"Why are you wanting me to stop?" I asked confused and a little agitated.

"I have something to tell you. It's really important. I'm not gonna make it." Jessica was about to add more but I didn't want to hear her tell me to leave her.

"I'm not leaving you. So don't ask me too." I said before starting to swim again to get further from the sharks.

"You will when I'm finished talking. The baby wasn't yours."This made me stop. I looked down at her thinking she was trying to say anything that would make me angry to get me to leave her, but I saw complete truth in her eyes. The worst part is that she didn't look like she regretted it.

"Who's?" I asked with tears flowing to the surface of the ocean.

"You don't know him. Another mermaid, but he didn't want to give up his independence to take care of a child he never wanted." I looked at her before slowly shaking my head. I then let her go. I no longer had a reason to stay and protect her, for she was no longer my mate. "Tell my kids I love them. Their name's are Lucas, Addison, Chloe, Aiden, Lucy, Chris, and Rose. I haven't seen them in so long. Since my baby Chloe was born." She stopped talking when the sharks got a hold of her making her speech became screams of agony. I then started swimming to the direction of home, wanting my girls.