Chapter 16

Red's point of view

                                                                 ^^^Lucas (17) (Mother: Jessica)^^^

I need to get one of those guards to fuck me and soon. Maybe we can also drink too. I miss going to my friend's parties. I could always just sneak out. I think that's what I will do. I can go to a party then. I pulled out my phone; searching through my contacts. Ah, Stacy. She'll direct me to the nearest party. I pushed her contact and as it began to ring I put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Stacy. Where's the closests party?" I asked without letting her say her hellos.

"There's one a few blocks away from you. The guy's name is Lucas. Pretty hot, if you ask me. He doesn't have a girl--" I ended the call before she could keep gossiping about the boy to me. I had better things to do then listen to her. I put my hair up; out of my face. I went to my closet, looking for my black band tee. I don't remember going to the concert, but then again I've gone to so many that I can't remember the difference from the bands. I pulled it over my head as I searched for my ripped jeans. Ah, found them. I slide them over my legs as I search for my combat boots.

I then walked over to my window, sneaking out of this house is always so easy. I climbed out the window, thankful that the ground is right there. I slide my phone in my pocket as I begin to walk to the party. I watch as I see River sneaking away with her boyfriend. I smiled at their cuteness before I started walking to the party.

When I arrived at the party that I could see from a block away, I didn't even bother to knock. I knew no one would answer anyway since the party was in full swing. I went straight to the kitchen where I knew the booze would wait. I walked past stumbling girls with high heels that made them touch the ceiling. I cursed under my breath when one of those heels stomped on my toe. The girl mumbled an apology as the boy at her side dragged her away from the beer pong table. I walked into the kitchen where I saw a boy doing a keg stand as the others around him chanted, 'Chug, chug, chug!" in their loud slurred voices.

I went around the couple making out on the table where the cups were waiting. I turned and saw the alcohol with my name on it. I pushed the boy in front of me out of the way. He, sadly, didn't stay up and instead passed out on the floor where he fell. I looked at him then began filling my cup to the brim, chugging it down then soon after grabbing another cup. After a few cups I vision began to get fuzzy. I grabbed one more cup before leaving the alcohol behind I walked into the living room; where the music was on full blast. It broke my eardrums as I passed by the speaker itself.

I went to the backyard where I saw my pickings of guys. I walked by assisting them as I passed. Already had him. He hates me because I ruined his friendship. He has a girlfriend. I went by one at a time going through all the guys in the back yard until I found one. He had black hair with piercing blue eyes. His eyes caught sight of me and I could see they were just as sad as I felt. I went to sit next to him; I did before a bitch named Kimmy could. She shot me daggers as she went in search of a new prey. I turned to him noticing immediately that he hadn't been drinking since he didn't smell like any booze. He gave me an award winning smile that didn't reach his eyes at all.

I returned the smile. "Hi. My name's Red."

"Lucas." He stated as he put his arm around me, like he already knew he was going to get laid.

"Are you the guy that's throwing the party?" I asked allowing his arm to stay, for now.

"Yeah." He gave me another smile but not as warming. He then took a big wiff of my hair, creepy I know. I didn't have the time to ask him why he did that before he started talking again. "Not gonna happen." He then took his arm away from my shoulders.

"Why?" I asked knowing he meant sex.

"I'm a siren and I was taught never to feed off other mermaid creatures like me."

I looked back at him then took a big sniff of him, noticing that he was indeed another mermaid. How I hadn't noticed before? I didn't know, maybe the alcohol. "Sorry. Didn't notice." I stated before getting up but before I could get far I felt a hand holding my hand.

"Maybe after we both feed we can hang out. You're the first mermaid I found that wasn't family." I turned to him blinking to make the two of him merge back together before nodding my head meakle. I turned and began walking back inside finding a boy quite quickly.

I'll skip this part because to be honest it's not that important in the story, just showing you the character. Who she is, really.

It didn't take long to find Lucas again. He was exactly where I left him, but I noticed he looked more energetic. Bouncing in his seat. I sat next to him and began talking.

"So. Did you feed?" I asked knowing since he was a siren he needed to feed every few months, like a snake. He turned and looked to see who was talking to him then nodded his head before leaning into the seat, looking more comfortable.

"Where do you live, Red?" He asked with his eyes closed with his arm draped over his face. I turned to him before answering.

"Can't tell you." I saw him look at me before putting back his arm. "It's nothing to do with you, I swear. The humans are taking my family, so I'm not even suppose to be here now." I slurred each word.

"Understandable. How many of your family has been taken?"

"Three. My grandma and two of my sisters." He gave a look that showed he felt my pain.

"I lost my little sister, Chloe." He then turned back looking at the sky this time instead of putting his arm over his face again. "Do you have a plan to get them back? I would ask the king, but he doesn't really like my family because of my mother." He gave me a small smile. "My and my siblings have been trying to get them back but it's hard considering she's locked up in a place that won't allow us in. My mother is missing, well not missing, more like she doesn't care what we do. Like she's done for our entire life."

"Do you know exactly where she is?" I asked slowly becoming more aware.

He gave me a weird look that I couldn't decipher because it was gone before I could. "Yeah.  Why?"

"Come on. Follow me." I started pulling on his arm trying to get him off the chair, but since he was bigger than me, I didn't get him far.

"Where are we going?" He asked with a curious but cautions look.

"My house. Once there you can help find our family. More than likely your sister and my sister maybe even grandma could be there, waiting for us to get them. Now get your lazy ass up and follow me." I stopped tugging on his arm since he got up after my rant.

He followed me up the street to my house in complete silence. I knew he was probably thinking about how he might have found a way to save his sister, like I was. We snuck into the quiet house with a few thumps as we went through the window.