Chapter 19

Alec's point of view

                                            ^^^Grandpa Poseidon (a few thousands years old)^^^

We had many guards as we swam towards shore. The king was with us. His white beard had grown since the last time he had to come to shore, which was Ariel's birth of Melody. He was a warry old man. After a few thousands of years, I'm still surprised he's still alive but since he was a mermaid, it wasn't that surprising even though he's the oldest mermaid known. I pulled myself over the hot sand. The king had a part of the beach no one was allowed. I flopped onto the porch where we keep dry clothes for when mermaids come out of the water. I turned my head and saw everyone else following my lead.

I pulled the door open, dragging my tail inside the door once I had propped it open for the others to come through. I slid through the tile floor of the kitchen to where the towels awaited. I toweled off quickly becoming my human self almost immediately. I stood up from the ground in search of clothes for me and the others.

I found them in a room upstairs once I had grabbed them I went back downstairs where my group were waiting. I passed out clothes to the ones who were human already. I handed one to the king. He had a towel over his white hair. He still looked like he did when he was seventeen just with white hair because of the mermaid gene. I kept giving more clothes out to the men who were turning human, standing in their naked forms.

"Once we are all rested up, we will go to my daughter's home. Everyone will be respectful of my grandkids and my daughter." The king stated to the entire group. Making sure he had everyone's attention. I caught the king's eye with a quick nod I turned and went upstairs to get some sleep.