Chapter 51

River's point of view

I was sitting by myself in my cell as the alarm kept blaring. I watched as the door slowly crept open. A head popped into my room. A set of blue eyes stared at me. His blonde hair making him unmistakable as Connor. As he walked soon his father followed close behind him.

"Follow us, River." Zachary said but when i made no move he nodded to Connor to grab me. When he was close enough I moved my butter knife away from behind my back before stabbing him in the neck making blood hit my face. He wasn't the one I had been planning on stabbing but he was the one who came towards me. I watched as Zachery stared at his dying son with his one good eye. As he stared I went in for him, making it quick. Not what he deserves. He holds his throat as he falls to the ground. Soon Conner follows his father's lead and dies as well. Like father like son. I smile to myself, now I'm free. I began to walk out when i bumped into someone.

I leapt on top of them without any knowledge of who it was, pinning their arms over their head. I looked into bright blue eyes, of a boy I've never seen before in my life. He smiles up at me. His teeth were perfectly white and straight. His white hair was all over the floor from being so close to the ground.

"Hello. My name's Kevin. Who are you?" He said out of nowhere.

"River." I stated simply.

"Where are you going?" He asked with wonder in his eyes.

"Home."

"Can I come?" He asked randomly.

"No." I then stood up and began walking out of this awful building to begin my walk home with Kevin on my heel, even after I told him not to follow me.