Chapter 14

Dew's point of view

                                                           ^^^Jessica (a few hundreds years old)^^^

It wasn't until around noon I noticed something was wrong. At first I thought it was nothing. Just my mind making things up. But I had woken up earlier so I could give grandma a break, but when I came downstair into the kitchen she wasn't there. I didn't think anything of it because she might have slept in. I made breakfast for everyone. It was difficult to find the light but once I did cooking was easy. I made french toast. I made stacks and stacks of french toast; filling plate after plate. That's what happened if you had twenty two kids plus a few adults. I didn't notice that grandma was missing.

I thought that she was just sleeping in for once.But when I went upstairs to check up on her. I noticed her bad was unmade. She always made her bed after waking up. She must have forgot today, maybe? I went downstairs asking, "Have you seen grandma?" to everyone I saw.

I saw Ransom sitting on the couch watching tv with Lagoon and a few of the other kids. "Ransom. Have you seen my grandma?" I asked as I stood behind him.

"No. Why? I thought she was upstairs." He said as he got up from the couch.

"I checked but she wasn't there. I don't know where she'd be."

"Here I'll help you find her."

We then began our search. We looked in bathrooms, rooms, even closets. When we still hadn't found her I suggested we look outside. Immediately I noticed a note on the door saying, "You don't have to worry about your grandmother. We'll take very good care of her as well as your sisters, Bay and Sailor." There wasn't a signature.

"Hey, Ransom. Come look at this." He began to read at as soon as I gave him the paper. "What do you think it means?" I asked scared and nervous.

"The humans took your grandmother." He looked at and upon seeing my face added. "Don't worry. I'm sure they won't hurt her. They might just put her in a zoo like they did with Bay."

"But what happened to Sailor?" He didn't answer my question because he didn't know the answer. Nothing he could be certain of. He just grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the house, but not before I saw a suspicious van drive away at ten times the speed limit.