Chapter 28

Lucas's point of view

                                                          ^^^Julia and Juliet (3) (Lucy's daughters)^^^

^^^Lucy (18)^^^

I woke up early in the morning then I usually do to a phone call i hadn't been expecting. I groaned as I searched for my phone. Red starting mumbling something in her sleep making me look at her before the phone rang making me search even harder. The brightness hurt my eyes as I flipped my phone open once my eyes adjusted I looked at who was calling, Addison. "Yeah?" I asked knowing she wouldn't call without a good reason.

"They found us. I'm packing right now. We're coming to you."

"What do you mean they found you?" I asked suddenly very alert. I turned to see Red still sleeping. I slide out of bed as Addison explained to me what happened. "Alright." I said understanding the situation. I snapped my phone shut once we had said our goodbyes. I was awake now, so might as well put some of my plan into action. I walked back into the room grabbing my darkest clothes since it was still pretty late and I didn't know how Addison sounded such awake on the phone, but I'm glad she was otherwise they might've snatched another one of my family members.

I climb the stairs as I checked the time on my phone. Four A.M. I thought as I passed by the kitchen seeing David drinking a cup of coffee over a piece of paper.

"Hey good someone's awake. I was thinking I would need to leave a note." He turned to me as I began to speak to him. "My siblings are coming, someone broke into their place I thought they'd be safe at but they knew where they were. This place will be safer for them at the moment. I'm going out, okay? I'm gonna get my kids since I know I have a plan." I stated as I turned to leave.

I took one of their vans that could hold many people, including my kids. I turned the keys and it started to life. I drove in silence singing a few words in songs. I pulled up to Ashley's home. Her parents were loaded and her house would be the hardest to break into. I pulled my headphones into my ears putting my music on full blast. I first went to her car taking out the baby blue carseat. Once I had strapped it into the van I was driving I went into the house through a window. It took me awhile before I found the room where little Charles slept. I picked him up as I left but not before I heard a growl. I turned just as I saw their guard dog, Bruce, leap at me aiming for my throat. I dodged turning and grabbing Charles as fast as I could making him squeal with annoyance. I ran out of the house with a screaming Charles and Bruce on my tail. I heard shouting where I knew her parents slept, meaning they were awake. I didn't wait to see though. I jumped into the car slamming the door before Bruce could follow. I didn't strap Charles in just let him sit in my lap as I wiped his tears away as we left the house.

I stopped at the side of the road to strap him in. Once I did I was back on the road, driving to the nearest house of Penny. I pulled up to her two floor house. I turned just to check and make sure Charles would be okay by himself, I saw him sleep with his thumb in his mouth as he made little snoring noises.

I went through the front door this time since they never lock their doors. I walked to where I knew Oscar was sleeping. I grabbed him and thankfully there was not any dangers. In and out, simple as that. I drove in silence to Sofia's home. Her apartment was crowded with other people of her family members, including another of her kid. She won't notice Oscar missing, right? I thought as I climbed up the stairs and using my keys opened the door. I had her keys because she gave them to me saying incase I wanted to see Oscar, I could but I knew she just wanted me to sneak their to see her. I snuck into the room where she shared with Oscar and the other kid of hers as well as her cousin with her own kids.

I grabbed Oscar, running out the apartment when I heard movement in the other room. Oscar was wide awake when I found him. Once I had strapped him in the carseat I stole from Penny I began to drive again.

I drove to Taylor's and Beth's home, they were sisters. I knew I would need to make two trips since I couldn't carry them both as they slept. I first went into Thomas's room which was filled with race cars and power rangers. Weird combination I thought as I grabbed him and his car seat that sat next to the door. Once he was in I went back inside to grab Patrick. As I was coming in I heard noises thinking nothing of it I went in. I looked around searching for the crib when I saw Beth holding her son. Shit, I thought as I turned back around and snuck back outside waiting and hoping she didn't see me. I waited thirty minutes once I knew she wasn't going to follow me or call the cops, I went back inside. Thankfully Beth isn't very observant, it's how I managed both of them.

I noticed she was gone so I went to grab Patrick but he wasn't in his crib. Damn, where did she put him. I turned and left his room, walking around looking for him. Maybe he escaped? I went into a room where I saw Patrick and Beth sleeping together. Beth was passed out while Patrick was eating his toes. When I came in he looked at me and started making baby noises. I shushed him as I grabbed him as well as the other car seat.

Mission accomplished, I thought as I drove home with all of my children and not in a cop car.