Chapter 10

Ransom's point of view

^^^John (19), David (17), Ransom (16), Adam (18)^^^

We had swam across the ocean from Britain to America. We were now driving in a rented vehicle going to queen Ariel's home to guard her and her grandchildren. I were almost to her house since Adam driving at least twenty miles per hour. We were going to be there in an hour if we were going the correct speed limit, but since we weren't we would be there in ten minutes.

There was junk food and soda cans littered on the floor of the Sedan. John was passed out in the back seat with drool falling slowly off his chin. David was reading the back of the book. Even though he hadn't read the rest of the book.

"Why don't you just read the book?" I asked as I watched as he closed the book to answer my question.

"I did. I don't need the middle of the book. I just need to know the beginning and the end. Who cares about the middle? I read the first chapter then the last chapter in the book and I understand the entire thing."

"You do? Then what's that book about? The fault in our stars?" I asked pointing to the book in his hand.

"Cancer patients think they're going to die but in the end the get married later in life since they find the cure for cancer." He said then turned to the window.

"Wrong. If you read the book then you'd know the dude dies. The ending wasn't their marriage it was the death scene."

"Alright then. Now I know what happens in the book with only reading the beginning and end because you told me. It's not like it would matter to me if I read the entire book or not. I could care less about this romance shit." He then threw the book at me which I caught. I turned around watching as Adam drove like a madman. I put the book in the glove box.

"Hey! That's the street!" I yelled at him so he'd know to turn right. He did, very sloppy I might add. Making the cars behind us honk their horns. As we pulled up to the messy home. "Right here!" He made an abrupt stop. Thankfully no one was behind us, otherwise there would've been a crash. He pulled into the driveway sloppily again. As soon as we turned off the car John woke up. We all piled out of the car walking to the front door in a single file line. Like a death march with our heads hung low like they are.

We stopped at the door and since no one else seemed to want to knock on the door, I did. Once I knocked we waited. I heard the door open with a creak then saw a little girl about eight or nine look at me with coursity.

"Hello. Your grandmother--" She slammed the door in my face and soon I heard the locks click followed by shouting. Well this could be interesting.