Sorry > Isogai Yūma & Maehara Hiroto <

And Karma said...
"You will fall in love with someone who doesn't love you, for not loving someone who did."

".. I- uh, wow this is harder than I thought..

I like you, a lot! (Y/N) please accept my feelings!- I-I mean you don't have to but uh.."

Eyes wide in shock, you stared at the black-haired boy in front of you. Your heart beat was thumping in your ears and you couldn't help the embarrassing blush that creeped up to your cheeks.
The bell had gone and class was over, it was only ikemen and you in the empty room that all your classmates had been in prior to now. He had asked you to stay back to talk to you and you never, ever would have guessed this was the reason why.

He was blushing and you could tell, that as much as he tried to maintain eye contact, it was difficult. He noticed how you had tensed the second he confessed, the look of pure disbelief on your face wasn't reassuring at all. He began to regret his words but he couldn't help it, he felt hopeless and keeping his feelings bottled up wasn't the greatest thing to do.

He never imagined this situation occurring as it is. You were so quiet that Isogai had almost forgotten why he was there. The atmosphere was too intense, "I.. I've loved you since the end of our second year! I just wanted to tell you.. Uhh yo-you don't have to answer now...?"

You watched his golden eyes that appeared to be desperate and pained. You didn't know how to feel, but you knew you felt horrible overall. He was spilling his heart out to you and you couldn't reciprocate in the same way. How could you turn down this.. This ikemen?!

"I..I'm sorry Yūma, I don't feel that way about you... I- I'm so sorr-"

"Okay, It's uh.. Its okay." It felt odd to say his first name now. You two were such close friends; it was always Isogai, Maehara and yourself. He seemed to flinched at your words and you couldn't breathe for the fear of tears emitting from your eyes in an instant. You knew he wouldn't want pity, you wouldn't give it to him but he had just confessed, only to be rejected a few moments later. He loved you, love.

How long would it take to get over that because you knew you couldn't love him and it seemed as if Isogai also knew that, with furrowed brows and clenched fists he answered, "It's Hiroto isn't it? That's why you don't like me, I'm right, aren't I?!"

You flinched this time, shutting your eyes to block the pain, to block his yelling and the tears that came as if called to. He didn't care though because you were already crying for him, only he held his in to hold his composure.

"I-I-I'm so-so-sorr-"

"I don't want to hear it! Why would you love him!? You know he isn't good for you!"

You wanted to defend Hiroto, it was an automatic response by this point but you knew Yūma was right. Maehara wasn't good, he flirted and dated more than 1 girl all at the same time, you weren't sure he could be entirely loyal and trustworthy and he should stay with the title of a best friend. Isogai and yourself both knew it yet it couldn't be helped.

"I know that! I-I don't need you telling me that, okay! I-"

"Then be with me! I can make you happy!" He was yelling again and it slightly frightened you.
How badly you wanted to run and hide, to forget this happened and walk home with your two best friends, it wouldn't be the same anymore because the disgusting yet magnificent emotion of deep admiration and affection had to get involved. Your tears ran down your cheeks, meeting at the bottom of your chin, hiccups erupting from your mouth as you lifted an arm to wipe your face.

He didn't understand, you couldn't just be with Isogai though, "I can't! Even if I did I wouldn't make you happy! That isn't how this works, okay!