Annual Fireworks Festival > Laxus Dreyer <

Laxus is pretty smart when it comes to planning important things.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Laxus and yourself had become best friends at the ripe age of seven when his grandfather; Master Makarov had taken you in after he found you alone in the rain. You didn't know why he would even want to take care of a lost soul like yours but then you couldn't really convince yourself to leave when you first saw his grandson.

Laxus Dreyer was such a kind spirit and he was so smart and beautiful to you- platonically- and you two instantly became attached to each other. Makarov was glad he found you because now his grandson wouldn't be alone in the guild. Ten years later you were both seventeen and were still doing everything together. You were upstairs in the guild- from before it was first destroyed by Phantom - with him, being an S-Class wizard and you were in his team, always going out on jobs together.

The man had grown arrogant and quite cocky but you could always look past that and whenever he would get too mouthy towards his guild members, everyone would rely on you to knock some sense into him- and by that they mean when you would grab him by the ear and drag him away to serve a good scolding.

Because of Laxus' intimidating appearance, you were never really that great in the dating field and whenever you were actually close to scoring a date with a cute guy, Laxus had to swoop in with his malicious grin and throw a strong arm around your shoulders.
You never got in the way of Laxus' dating life and often found him making out with some sleazy girl he just happened to pick up. You always told yourself it didn't matter and you didn't care- but sometimes your brain and your heart both went a separate lane.

Sometimes you liked to think that you were dependant of Laxus just as he was with you but then other times it wasn't so bad to handle things yourself. Laxus didn't think of it that way though, he was always a sweet gentleman to you- when you were younger you always thought of him as the older brother you always wished you had- when he was actually the same age as you.

He helped you become the wizard you were today- he helped you become S-Class like him and Erza. He helped you through the nightmares you occasionally got from your missing family and he also- as much as you hate to say it- helped you when you got your period for the first time at the age of twelve. You liked to think he may have developed a tiny crush on you back then but as soon as he saw that red stain on his bed from your sleepover- he freaked out.

And you definitely remember that he was traumatised for about a week after that. Without the proper womanly figure there you had to deal with an old little man who was thoroughly disgusted and a twelve year old boy who thought you were dying.

And so today, with the annual firework festival happening all week, next week, you sat in the guild beside a glum looking Laxus. You knew Laxus didn't notice you looking at him, but you couldn't help but watch the way he fidgeted in his seat and kept wiping his forehead to rid the beads of sweat that had appeared there.

With a scrunch of your eyebrows you turned your body to face him and placed your hand to his forehead making him flinch in return. He scrunched his face with an annoyed expression but you also caught a glipmse of his red tinted cheeks as he swatted your arm away from him.

"Aye! What gives?" He retorted when your hand was back to yourself. You giggled nonetheless- not fazed at all at an angry Laxus having witnessed it plenty of times and knowing how to deal with it.