Love hiding beneath the Hate > Laxus Dreyer <

Your most hated cliche becomes the biggest cliche.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

You hated that stupid old saying that people always believed was true.

'He's only mean to you because he secretly likes you!'

No, he was only mean to you because he hated you for some stupid reason. Maybe it was from that time when you accidentally knocked him unconscious?
You didn't mean to do it but he was getting on your nerves and he wouldn't stop talking smack about Natsu or gramps. The guild was all you ever had and knew to be family, your whole world basically revolved around these people and the guild was your sanctuary.

You were a pretty tough wizard if you did say so yourself. You weren't S Class worthy but you didn't need the title to tell you how strong you were. You became the skilled Ice mage you were today when you were only eight years old and you joined the Fairy Tail guild along the way- expanding your powers that never stopped growing.

Mira constantly threw that sentence at you and you would've already knocked her out cold if it was someone like Lucy or Natsu, maybe Gray too. You didn't understand that stupid saying, why the heck would an arrogant boy like Laxus treat you like dirt because he liked you?

If the boy knew any better he would listen to his grandad and be a gentleman. Sometimes your mind often wondered back to that line more than you liked to admit and you always thought about how the Lighting boy wouldn't talk to you like a normal human being but you would sometimes catch him looking at you. Whenever that happened he would just looked around as if he wasn't even caught.

In return for his constant rudeness you would often freeze the floor beneath causing him to slip and growl in anger, you always laughed at the heat that took over his cheeks as he rushed away. You couldn't understand why he hadn't stopped his stupid nonsense though, when you were both kids in the guild you had always played around- sometimes even getting pretty close with the boy and you could've said he was your best friend about a lifetime ago.

Those days were full of playing around and testing each others magic- testing your weaknesses and strength and learning the true extent of your magic.

Getting close with the boy, you even remembered growing a little girl crush on him. You remembered when your ten year old self thought he was the most perfect being on earth. You imagined having dates and doing the most cliche couple things like a first kiss and then zooming into marriage and having thirty three kids.

The thought now made bile rise in you throat.

Maybe your younger self got zapped by lightening too many times and the fact that the She-Devil yelled out that sentence everyday may have had something to do with it.

But now, here you were sitting in the guild being bored out of your mind when the person who was suddenly consuming your thoughts entered the building, you turned to look at him. Laxus Dreyer most likely coming back from a solo mission, you were somewhat relieved to see he was fine but you would't dare say it aloud for the teasing you would receive in return.

His eyes seemed to scan the guild and right when they would've met yours you quickly turned around- cheeks turning pink thinking about if he caught you staring. Of course it would've only been the first time... maybe..?