Regrets > Eren Jaeger <

A roller coaster of emotions.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Annoying. God damn that Eren Jaeger was annoying as hell. He was an impulsive and reckless bastard who seemed to get off on being a somewhat important necessity for humanities survival.

Your friend Jean hated him too, maybe that was a small reason why you also hated Eren. Jean and Eren had gotten into a lot of arguments since you first became one of the 104th trainee squad, they were quite amusing and you like to think of it as a form of entertainment.

You met Jean a few days after joining the 104th trainee squad. Eren had been ranting on and on about being the saviour of humanity and killing hundreds of Titans. Honestly, at first it was a bit reassuring. It felt good to be with a large group of people who aspired to do the same things as you.
But then it kept going, butchering the titans and becoming a hero along with his best friend and also his adoptive sister; Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman.

He got really annoying and you weren't sure why because it was sort of random but he was so determined to master his vertical manoeuvring equipment which was obviously busted by the looks of it. At first they looked just fine but everyone got their own and Eren's was broken, "Maybe you aren't cut out for the Survey Corps, poor Eren."

Jean, from beside you, turned to you and then to Eren to watch for his reaction as a grin grew on his own face. You were smiling too, having it grow when you noticed beads of sweat on Eren's face when his eyes searched for the perpetrator. His eyes hardened when they found the source of the voice and you noticed that it only made him even more determined.

He ignored you, which was expected since he most likely thought you weren't worth his time and breath. You had already completed the activity and you stuck around to watch Eren, laughing loudly and obnoxiously when he lost balanced and fell upside down.

Hate. You continued those pathetic remarks for a while, a couple of months at most until you just grew to hate him. He was so annoying, throwing out pathetic promises that were obviously lies whilst trying to reassure others who were scared about going along the three available paths; the Survey Corps, the Garrison or the Military Police.

You, along with everyone else were situated in the mess hall for dinner. The meals were gross and half warm but you had to eat what you were given, given the circumstances. You were quiet, no conversation was provoking your interest and so Jean was also unusually quiet. He was probably doing what you had unconsciously chosen to do, eavesdrop on Eren and Armin.

"Do you think you'll even be capable enough to join the Special Operations Unit?" Came the soft voice of Armin. You heard Eren gobbling his food down, until he swallowed loudly and answered, not caring for the volume of his voice around others, "Of course, I can join and then I'm gonna' murder all those disgusting titans."

You couldn't help but scoff, almost managing to choke on your porridge-like meal. This earned some peoples attention, like Connie and Sasha but they only giggled when they thought you choked, Jean laughed too when he realised you heard the same as him and Eren only growled while Mikasa's eyes squinted in annoyance.

You heard footsteps coming towards you, a shadow then looming over you. "Do you have a problem?" You heard that swine's voice.
You sighed, almost face-palming yourself before turning upwards to see Jean had also stood up, chest-to-chest with Eren who stared with hard eyes and a clenched jaw.