Valentine's Day > Gray Fullbuster <

Valentine's Day with Gray Fullbuster

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Today was Valentine's Day and you were bored out of your mind. You had no specific other of particular but there was a certain Ice mage who had managed to catch your eye but you knew he was too cool, calm and collected to even think about dating you.

He seemed as if he was better than you, and you being you obviously believed that because of how smitten and intoxicated you were by him. It seemed as if just by being in the same room as him simply hypnotised you but you never wanted to fall out of that spell.

And so this lonely Valentine's Day you sat at a table in the Fairy tail guild while Juvia practically inhaled the bored looking Ice Mage. You watched silently in envy when Juvia hugged Gray and the wizard could do nothing but hug back. It pulled on your heart strings but you kept drinking your beer that Cana had unknowingly provided you while in your day dream. She kept drinking her barrel of beer on the table as you sat at the chair and you were silent while watching people leave the guild to be with their family, friends and their boyfriends/girlfriends.

You didn't know why you were sulking so much when usually just the chance of being able to look and admire Gray Fullbuster from afar made your day most of the time but now when you saw the place he was previously occupying, it was empty as he was dragged out of the guild by the one and only Juvia Lockser.

Sometimes you hated the fact that Juvia was a really good friend of yours because of how much she was infatuated by Gray but you also hated yourself for feeling like a guy should strain your friendship.

You were afraid to tell her or show your feelings for Gray because you had first hand experience from when she was one of the element four. She was very powerful and it overwhelmed you so you didn't want to get on her bad side. And most of the time when Lucy was only being kind to Gray, Juvia would get a dark aura surrounding her as she would loudly declare that the blonde wizard was now her love rival because of her unhealthy obsession with Gray.

You moped through the guild after finishing your second drink... Or was it your third? Anyway you knew you were slightly intoxicated from the drinks - not Gray - and your mind decided to make the stupid and torturous decision to go for a walk, where about seventy percent of couples and Valentine's Day stalls would be.

You walked into the park as the midday sun rays heated your body with a warm glow. You felt so relaxed and sat on a bench by the park and almost fell into a nap when darkness came over you.

You brows furrowed in confusion but you couldn't find the motivation to move until the darkness brought a coldness onto your once snug feeling skin. Your eyes squinted open and they only grew wider at the sight of Gray Fullbuster standing in front of you with that usual laid back look except his eyes were avoiding yours while his cheeks had a mild glow to them.

In your confused and dazed state, your arm swung out to messily grab the man on his leg when he jumped in his spot, his whole body screaming awkward and confused. You giggled to yourself when you realised Gray was actually here and your mind wasn't playing tricks on the day of love and then sat up to give him some space on the bench.

Gray sighed and you watched when his breath came out in a shaky manner. He didn't say anything so you finally broke the silence,

"So.. Why aren't you with Juvia?" You questioned in a lazy and accusing tone. To that sentence Gray turned to face you in a flash and it almost made you dizzy. His furrowed brows mirrored onto your face and you sighed, "She practically dragged you out of the guild before."

"You were watching me?"

You stilled in your seat and quickly hid your face in your hair when you could practically feel his egotistical smirk burning into the side of your face. You grew flustered and answered in a haste that didn't help your side of the conversation.

"I- I wasn't!! You w-were just in my.. line of sight!..?"

He chuckled at your embarrassed state and shuffled closer to you, you could now feel his coldness streaming over your skin and you loved how warm and flushed his cold nature made you feel. It was cold and made you want to cuddle into his body for warmth and the thought only made butterflies explode in your stomach.

He was now touching you because of how close he was and you could only just feel his warm breath sizzling on your naked shoulder. You shuddered as he wordlessly took his hand and waved the hair out of your face. You blushed a deep crimson at the abrupt action but did nothing to stop it, feeling extremely flattered and special at the surprising behaviour of the Ice wizard.

"Wha-!"

Gray interrupted you when he suddenly brought a bright red rose to your face. Only about five centimetres away you stared in silence and watched when it started to lower a bit because of the strain in Gray's arm. You grabbed it after a while and observed the rose, holding the stem and avoiding the thorn when you notice it was plastic.

You looked closer and touch the cotton-feeling petals and noticed that Gray had actually given you one fake red rose. Did he feel bad that you didn't have a Valentine? You felt anger and shock burning inside you and you turned to pass your wrath onto the Ice man next to you when you were abruptly silenced by a pair of cold and soft lips.

Eyes wide, you caught a glimpse of his eyes scrunched shut as he continued to lay his lips on yours. Without knowing what to do your eyes closed slowly and as soon as Gray felt you relaxing, he eased into the kiss, thinking you wouldn't pull away and slap him.

He moved his lips with yours and you let him lead you, the hand that moved your hair away was now placed onto your smooth jaw as he grasped it gently. His touch gave you shivers but you seemed to crave them even more when you grasped his shirtless chest, accidentally producing a moan from him in the act.

He pulled away, panting with swollen lips and wide eyes and a face covered in blood red blush. You guessed your face mirrored the same and you looked down to the rose again to avoid the awkward and intense stare of fascination he gave you.

With one hand he took hold of your jaw again and made your face look towards him. You caught his stare in an embarrassed manner to see his eyes trained on the rose and you went to look at it again when his smooth voice sounded again.

"(Y/N).... I-...I'll stop loving you when this rose dies."

Joy swelled inside you as you giggled in surprise and delight which earned the attention of Gray, he stared at you with a puzzled expression to which you only grabbed his face with both hands; the rose getting pushed against his face, and shoved your lips onto his. He immediately accepted the act but you pulled away before he could enjoy it more but he regained his smiled when you spoke.

"Oh Gray, Happy Valentine's Day."