Human > Levi Ackerman - Song AU <

Gasoline - Halsey
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

"Are you insane like me? Been in pain like me?
Bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me?
Just to pour that motherfucker down the drain like me?
Would you use your water bill to dry the stain like me?"

There was a time when you weren't so.. emotionless. Robotic even. It started when Wall Maria was destroyed, joining the Survey Corps was the only path for you to take to get back at those monstrous titans. Those monsters that were the scum of the Earth but at the top of the food chain at the same time.

They had destroyed your home, stepped on or ate your family like the savages that they were. Your twin sister stupidly became collateral damage when your original plan was to divert the titans attention to you. They chased after you and with your excessive skills in parkour and hand-to-hand combat, you out ran them until a scream was heard. Step on like she was a bug. Your sister and best friend, all the while your parents attempted to pathetically save her, getting eaten as well.

You cried. Of course you would, you were human after all but these beasts didn't give you enough time to mourn because you had to avenge them. Kill or be killed.
Hence, five years later you had met Eren Yaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, Jean Kirstein, Annie Leonhart, Sasha Blouse and Connie Springer. All in the 104th Trainee Squad but you didn't get attached and avoided any type of contact though you seemed to be everywhere, wherever they went.

You were strong, agile and smart always thinking ahead of others, people found it admiring and sometimes they even thought of squad leader Levi Ackerman when they saw you. How alike the two of you were and how you could become a beacon of hope for the soldiers.

"Are you high enough without the Mary Jane like me?
Do you tear yourself apart to entertain like me?
Do the people whisper 'bout you on the train like me?
Saying that you shouldn't waste your pretty face like me?"

After Eren Yeager had gone to court, got beaten up by the Corporal and then taken into his squad, the short and stoic man also chose to have you accompany him on his squad with Petra Ral, Eld Jinn, Gunther Schultz and Oluo Bozado. You weren't surprised and did as you were told which also managed to intrigue the man in charge of the Special Operations Squad without having to even try.

The Elite soldiers that surrounded you made sure to include you in their discussions and whenever they had time to relax. They didn't ask questions about why you were so cold and often hostile when approaching titans but they admired it, this also gained Levi Ackerman's attention. He could see a fire in your eyes that hadn't been dimmed for a long time and it made him feel quite satisfied with his decision to have you on the team.

"And all the people say,

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream,
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being,
With your face all made up, living on a screen,
Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Sometimes you often wondered if what you felt was normal. You didn't feel entirely human but it was your drive to murder the titans that kept you going. You didn't need anyone, you didn't want anyone to get close to, to depend on because you knew it would happen again. Just like when your sister died right in front of you, you failed her.
Not becoming close to others and only being alone even when surrounded by other people made you feel better because now you wouldn't hurt. You had a scar on your heart and you didn't need to reopen the wound.