Lingering Stares > Edward Elric <

In which Edward isn't as sly as he thinks he is.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Edward didn't what had gotten into him but he couldn't stop; not that he really wanted to. He had met you through Winry when you visited your old friend after you moved away when you were eight years old.

Your parents took you with them when they moved to Xing for seven years to learn alkahistory. But now you were back and to your surprise, Edward and Alphonse actually remembered you. And you could say that you were extremely surprised to come back to a burnt down Elric house, Ed and Al's mother having passed away and having a large metal tin man hug you like there was no tomorrow and then came the half metal older blonde brother who approached you with a huge smile and blushing cheeks.

Winry had grown immensely happy now that you were living with them while your parents stayed in Central; all that begging and pleading was definitely worth it. Winry also happened to notice that Ed and Al would visit Resembool more frequently, knowing that you would be there waiting for them. Ed had always found himself staring at you for no particular reason; maybe it was because he thought you were absolutely amazing or how you seemed to be so damn enchantingly beautiful without even trying.

He hated and loved how much you caught his attention and how he never wanted to look away. You messed with his mind and caused his brain to turn to mush. His sparring with Alphonse had gotten quicker because whenever he caught you watching him playfully brawl with his undefeated younger brother he would turn frozen earning a nice jab in the gut. Queue the flustered cheeks due to the embarrassment Alphonse would always have the pleasure of causing for his older brother.

You always smiled and giggled at his bizarre behaviour that caused his eyes to grow wide at your innocent and adorable sounding laugh. He would then smile; it was like routine between the two of you and no words had to be spoken. He would do something silly to embarrass himself in front of you which caused you to laugh and that only made him smile bigger. Happy when he knew that he- and only he was the cause of your unique smile that seemed to be the light of his darkness.

Edward had already admitted to himself that you were his universe. He hated that you didn't know though, he hated it because wanted to tell you so bad and continue to scream it from every mountain top in Amestris. He had also told his younger brother while they stayed in their apartment about his insane feelings for you and he had surprised Edward when his only answer was,

"I know, I'm pretty sure she does too brother. You're aren't the best at hiding it."

Alphonse was dying to tease you and Edward about the stares and lack of doing anything about it. He just had to wait until his silly brother spilled it on accident or finally grew some and told you. Alphonse knew that Edward shouldn't be too concerned on the fact that rejection was always an option because Alphonse knew it wouldn't happen anyway but that didn't stop the oldest Elric from fidgeting as he freaked out; thinking his heart was going to jump out of mouth every time he approached you.

Edward loved the fact that he swore he could see the galaxy in your eyes. It was almost as though you put the stars in the sky but you also caused the thunderstorms during a sunny day. To him you were dangerous but also so sweet and fascinating that only knowing you were in the same house as him turned him into some fidgety; but frozen at the same time, freak.

When he could finally react normally; knowing you weren't around he would get so angry and frustrated with himself. He didn't like how unconfident you made him and he wanted to stop it immediately; but if stopping it meant that he wouldn't get to be with you then he would just have to deal with this for the rest of his life. And honestly, he would be delighted to.