Mistake > Edward Elric <

Edward should've been more aware of his surroundings.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

Living in Resembool was.. Satisfactory to your tastes. This was your home town after all but there was absolutely nothing to do and the only thing that was good about it was the peace and quiet- and when Edward and Alphonse came back from Central, of course.

You always stayed at the Rockbell household because of how homely and welcomed you felt. Granny Pinako was even kind enough to set up a room for you, you gratefully took it and grew especially happy when you noticed it was right next to Ed and Al's room.
Ed wouldn't admit that he was also happy about that.

But today was a special day, Edward and his younger brother; your two best friends apart from Winry were coming home after what seemed like forever- it was roughly three months but still.

You couldn't stop smiling that day and Winry simply giggled and rolled her eyes playfully at your sudden cheerful nature- the way you practically skipped around the house, the way you never stopped checking the time and how you never left the front of the house, always wanting to see if Edward and Alphonse would suddenly be there walking the yellow path towards the front door.

You and Winry had been chatting and cooking food at around lunchtime when the phone rang- you jumped startled at the repetitive sound but Winry just laughed at your reaction and grabbed the phone, holding to her ear as you only heard one side of the conversation.
You heard bits and pieces and hoped that it was Edward- they usually only called to let Winry know that they were coming home that day to get their automail fixed. And by coincidence or not- at that exact moment of thinking about Ed and his automail Winry exploded in anger.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR AUTOMAIL IS BROKEN ED! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORK ON THAT! I DON'T BUILD THAT FOR YOU JUST SO YOU CAN GO OFF AND BE RECKLESS, BREAKING IT IN THE PROCESS."

Let's just say you hoped at Edward's ear was okay- along with the rest of him.

Alphonse and Edward had been your best friends since you were all little children. You were always close to both of them but Edward's assertive demeanour caused you to become closer to Alphonse- friendship wise. Alphonse always knew you had grown a starry-eyed type of fondness towards his older brother, he was always okay with it and he actually secretly hoped that one day that ship would finally sail. Alphonse always saw you like another siblings of his anyway- he knew you were with him because you wanted to find out more about Edward; his likes, dislikes and things like that.

You were always nervous around the boy and Alphonse's presence seemed to simmer down the butterflies exploding in your little eight year old tummy. You guessed the unusual feelings began as soon as you first saw him- you were captivated by his amazing smile and his gorgeous golden eyes. You always had to restrain your young self from running your slender fingers through his hair and you constantly took the chance whenever he had accidentally fallen asleep in your lap.

Thinking about those memories brought the well-known smile onto your face while you now sat in your room, watching the broad and green landscape in front of you- your eyes never straying from the yellow brick-path for too long, waiting for those boys.

Accidentally dozing off after hours of watching for a metal armour and a short blond boy, your arm happened to slip off of the window seal which caused you to fall forward and hit your head on the window glass. Hard.