Chapter 5 - Reluctance

Frankie

I awake with a start, forgetting where I am for a second. I take a deep breath and look around and see the ending credits of the movie. Cameron's arms tighten around me, making me want to go back to sleep. I look at the clock on the wall and it's nine p.m.

I move to get up, "It's time for me to go guys."

Cameron's arm tightens around me again, "It's late-"

"Yea, stay here." Dylan interrupts and finishes.

"We have an extra bedroom. We would really like for you to stay." Rand adds.

"I don't want to put anyone out. I can go to my dorm." I argue.

Rand comes over and stoops in front of me, "Honey, we would be worried if you left this late to go back to the dorms. Why don't you just stay here and go back tomorrow morning, okay. We'll even give you breakfast."

I glance over at Dylan and he begs, "Please."

I nod and they all seem to release a breath. "I'll go up and get one of my t-shirts for you to wear," Rand says as he stands up heading for the stairs.

"And we'll show you your room." Dylan says as he and Cameron stand up. I feel the loss when Cameron's arm comes from around me, but feel the instant safeness again when he takes my hand, pulling me out of my seat.

"I'm sorry for falling asleep on you." I tell him.

"It was actually my pleasure." He responds with a smile. I give him a small smile and Dylan takes my other hand and pulls me towards the steps away from Cameron.

"You'll like this room! It's the best one in the house!" He announces as he pulls me up the steps. I can't help but smile at his enthusiasm.

After going up two flights of stairs and around a corner, my goodness how big is this house? He leads me past another door to the room I'll be staying in. He opens the door with a flourish, "Welcome to your room!" I hear Cameron and Rand chuckle behind me.

I look around the room in amazement. It's all white, everything except for the carpet which is a dark tan color. The bed has white eyelet covers on it and a lot of pillows it looks so inviting. There is a couch sitting in front of a television in the corner. Rand walks over to one door and Cameron walks over to the other.

"This is your closet." Rand opens the door to reveal the largest closet I have ever seen. I think my whole bedroom back home would fit inside of it.

Cameron opens the other door, "This door holds your bathroom." I look around again in awe. I can't believe this bathroom. It's all white like the bedroom and there are tan space rugs all over it. It even has a shower with clear doors all around. I've never seen a bathroom this big or like it at all. I could get lost in that tub. I have to remind myself that I live in the dorms or I would live in that tub. I love a good bath!

"What do you think?" Rand asks.

"It's gorgeous," I say emphatically, "I love it." I look around and they all look pleased.

"Here is your t-shirt," Rand hands it to me, "and there is a toothbrush in this drawer." He opens the drawer showing me a new toothbrush and toothpaste.

"There's a comb and brush in this one." He opens that drawer with a flourish.

"And your towels and body wash are in this closet," Cameron opens a small closet door that I didn't notice before. I notice that in addition to the towels and body wash, there is lotion and everything else that I can possibly even think of needing. I decide to take advantage of this for the one night that I am here and enjoy this. I'll take a bath tonight.