Chapter 12

3 Weeks Later...

We ended up staying in Boston for 3 more weeks. I decided to teach Nicole what I've learned to give her a head start. There's no guarantee Achilles will agree to train her.

Connor and I managed to rekindle Achilles's passion to the brotherhood. Unfortunately we are greatly outnumbered in comrades to enemies, experience, skill, and age. Nicole is only 1 person, but the extra help is very useful.

"Connor, this is Nicole. She will be coming with us back to the homestead" he looked over her wearily and held out a hand.

"Nicole, this is my hot headed older brother Connor." I tried hard to think of a better insult, but that was all I could think of.

"Nice to meet you" Nicole said shaking Connor's hand.

"Likewise" he responded.

"Yeah, so-"

Connor cut me off by grabbing my collar, "excuse us." He pulled me off to the side and held a intimidating glare. 

"What?"

"Yaakova.... I know you didn't do what I think you just did."

"And what did I do?"

"Don't play dumb little brother. You are planing to take this common girl to Achilles, in hopes of becoming an assassin."

"So, you do know....but she's not just a common girl Connor."

"How did you figure that out?"

"You might not believe me, but her father was Adewale's best mate. The same Adewale that sailed with our grandfather Edward."

Connor's expression changed very fast. One eyebrow shot up and he looked away in deep thought. "The Adewale?" I nodded my head.

Connor's cold glare returned once more. "Okay...I still don't see how-"

"Not only that. Her father was an Assassin. He's been training her already. She knows Connor....about the brotherhood. Probably not as much as us, but she knows enough to want to continue training."

Connor's facial expression showed me he wasn't too fond of what I'm trying to do. "Trust me" I reassured.

"I trust you" he sighed.

"Good" I responded. I spun on my heels and was grabbed before I could take three steps. I turned around and met Connor's eyes.

"If something happens to that girl...it's on your head Yaakova."

"Got it" I said forcefully yanking my sleeve out of his grip.

I boarded the aquila, to see Nicole talking to the Captain. The Captain threw his arms above his head upon seeing my arrival. " Are you and Connor done talking? I need to get you two back to the Homestead before the old man have my ass. Oh and the lady of course."

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Connor approaching from behind. "Yeah just about."

"Let's go! Full sail! Full sail!" Connor commanded as he took over the wheel. Hopefully this time we won't get attacked by other vessels.

"How long will it take before we reach the homestead?" I turned to face Nicole's eager demeanor. I can tell she was excited and anxious to start her training.

"A couple days, no more than 3." She nodded her head.

"Where can I put my stuff, I don't want to haul it around the whole ride there. I at least want to enjoy the view."