Prologue

Boston, 1755

Haythem was in awe at the sight of the temple he so desperately sought after. The wall had red markings and paintings on it with strange shimmering lines engraved into the stone. Each line leads to nowhere in particular. Some lines connected to others and some were cut short. Ziio stood in the back curious as to what Haythem was thinking.

She wasn't permitted to let anyone in the temple, but after the deal she made with Haythem she had no choice. Ziio felt better knowing Edward "The Bulldog" Braddock was dead, without the help from Haythem and his brotherhood she would've never come close to killing him. Ziio looked away slightly, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw him ease his way up to the wall and place one hand on it.

There was a gaping hole in the center of the paintings, but what was supposed to go there?

"No...No!"Haythem cried after noticing the hallowed spot. He looked left, thinking to himself.

"You seem disappointed," said Ziio.

"I thought I held the key that would open something in here," Haythem responded.

Ziio looked around the cave while spinning slowly, "this room is all there is."

Haythem gritted his teeth in frustration and disappointment, "I expected more." He pointed towards the red markings, "what do they mean?"

Ziio stepped up next to Haythem. "It tells a story of lottsitison, who came into their world and shaped it for what life might come. She had a hard journey, fraught with great loss and peril. But she believed in her children and what they might achieve."

Haythem followed her with his eyes as she walked past him.

"And though she is long gone from the physical world, her eyes still watch over us." Ziio began circling Haythem. "Her ears still hear our words. Her hands still guide us," she said as she gently touched the lower part of his back dragging her hand towards his arm.

She took his hand and looked him in the eyes, "and love still gives us strength."

"You've shown me great kindness Ziio. Thank you," was all Haythem could manage to say. He stared into Ziio's brown eyes and fell victim to her native beauty.

"I-I should go," he stuttered. Ziio leaned in, touching his cheek as their lips met each other. They shared a long kiss, the water soothingly dripped onto the pavement, making the moment that much more special.

                                  🗡🗡🗡

A few days later...

Haythem entered the Green Dragon Tavern and was immediately greeted by his brotherhood inductee, Charles Lee. He put down his drink and walked over from the counter.

"Master Kenway? Did you find it then?"

Haythem couldn't help but wear his disappointment like a mask, "it was not the right place."

Lee looked down and knew it was best not to ask any more questions. "The others are waiting for you," he said as he motioned towards the stairs. Haythem showing no emotion, made his way upstairs.

"Gentlemen," Haythem started when he arrived at the meeting. The members sitting around the table all stood up. "Please, sit," he said hastily. "I fear our temple was no more than a painted cave," he said strolling to the other end of the table. "Although it did contain precursor images and script, it means we are close."

The man to Haythem's right was Thomas Hickey, who didn't care about anything except for money, beer, women, and loot. "Not close enough it seems," said a drunken Hickey.

"We need to double our efforts and expand our order, and establish a permanent base here," Haythem said returning to the other end of the table. "Although this site eludes us. I am confident we will find it."

"Truth. Hear-Hear!" They all said in unison.

"Furthermore, I believe it is time we welcomed Charles into our fold." Charles shocked by what Haythem just said, turned around to make sure he had heard correctly. "He has proven to be a loyal disciple and served since the day he came to us. He should be able to share in our knowledge and reap all the benefits such a gift implies. Are any opposed?" Haythem and Charles looked around the table, not a word from anyone.

"Very well, Charles come stand," Haythem said motioning him to his side.

Without hesitating Charles made his way over to Haythem. Everyone around the table stood up, in honor of Charles's induction. Haythem stood inches away from Charles, face to face.

"Do you swear to uphold the principles of our order and all of that which we stand?"

"I do," Charles responded.

"And never to share our secrets nor divulge the true nature of our work?"

"I do."

"And to do so from now until death....whatever the costs?"

"I do."

Haythem stretched out both arms and placed them near Charles's shoulder. "Then we welcome you into our fold, brother. Together we will usher in a new dawn of a new world. One defined by purpose and order. Give me your hand."

Charles stretched out his right hand and watched as Haythem reached inside his coat. Haythem pulled out the Templar ring he took off of General Braddock's corpse and showed it to Charles.

"You...are a Templar," he said as he placed the ring on his finger. Charles looked down and admired the ring with a cheeky and sly grin, then slowly balled his hand into a fist.

"May the father of understanding guide us," said Haythem.

"May the father of understanding guide us," the rest of the members chimed in.

<The fan-fic will start as the regular AC3 story, with additions to fit in Yaakova Kenway. Yaakova's individual story develops in CHAPTER 6. Secretquietlygirl inspired me to make this, so BIG thanks to her. I hope you guys enjoyed it! Vote!/Comment!/Share!>