Chapter 43 - Finals

Author's note: Sheep- After a really long time, this is finally done!

Chapter 43- Finals

Natalie:

Crap, it’s the finals today. I’m just glad we made it this far. Jessica mentioned that whether we win or lose, there would still be an after party to celebrate because we made it to our goal – semifinals.

Today it would be a miracle if we won. Guess whom are we playing against today? That’s right. Notting Hill.

Notting Hill and McKinley go back a long way. Due to the biased ness of the referee seven years ago, Notting Hill now looks down on us. Since then, we never got to play with them in all our matches till today. I wonder how much they have improved.

Notting Hill is a relatively established school for basketball. Rumor has it that their coach had a conflict with Mr. Burns and that they weren’t in talking terms. Whatever the reason, it must’ve been serious.

“Girls, for seven years we’ve never gotten Notting Hill. God knows how much they have improved. But I know compared to our previous team of girls, we have definitely made a vast improvement. Just show them what you’ve got. Remember this, Notting Hill never plays fair. Who knows what kind of dirty tricks they have up their sleeve… Nevertheless I want you girls to do your best. Have fun! You’ve already made it to your goal. We’ll try to get as many points as we can score, alright?” Mr. Burns said.

“Yeah!” The team boomed.

“Now get out there and show them how good we’ve become!” Mr. Burns shrieked.

My heart raced faster. I can’t believe we are going to play with Notting Hill. I looked over to where Notting Hill was. They were huddled with their coach and then number 10 looked up and glared at me. Somehow that glare made me even more nervous than I was before. Man, they look tough.

We walked on to the court. Mr. Burns placed Christine, Jessica, Michelle, Victoria and I in the game.

The first quarter went well. The score was 5 to 3. We were leading. We were all tired by the end of the first quarter. From that you could tell that the first quarter wasn’t easy. We ran a lot and missed a few baskets and they fouled us a couple of times. But when we were given the freethrow shots, we missed. I guess everyone was just too nervous. I just hope the second quarter would be better. I can’t believe it we really did improved. We might beat Notting Hill after all.