Chapter 31- Number 13

Author's note: Sheep- Yay! HAHAHAHA. Oh well, let's find out what's so special about number 13... :P Oh! Here's Natasha>>>>>>

Chapter 31- Number 13

Sophie:

I got home today from the library only to be greeted by my mom, “How’s your day? I’ve forgotten to tell you this morning that we’re expecting a guest tonight for dinner.”

I nodded my head and walked up to my room.

Immediately, I got to my study table and got to work. I had a pile of homework to complete, not to mention my university studies… Typical Saturday spent completing my homework. Life sucks.

Hours passed, the doorbell rang.

“Ugh…” I groaned as I placed my hands over my face. I lost my train of thoughts thanks to that doorbell.

Mom will call me down for dinner any time soon, might as well get down there before she shouts for me. I got up and made my way down. As I left my room and climbed down the stairs, I heard a familiar voice.

Only one name came to my mind. Rebecca Larcossa.

That’s the family my mom was expecting? Hell no, this can’t be happening.

I walked into the dining room in trepidation.

I have a bad feeling about this…

I grabbed a seat and sat down. I scanned the table; Rebecca’s mom was seated in front of me. Her dad was sitting diagonally opposite me.  Dad was seated on my far left. I heard mom and Rebecca’s voice getting clearer and clearer as they walked out from the kitchen. Rebecca helped mom with the food and laid them on the dining table.

Mom took her seat on my far right and Rebecca sat beside me. I have to admit; her sitting beside me got me feeling a little uncomfortable.

The whole table was in silence. No one spoke. Dad cleared his throat, probably to break the silence and asked, “Do you both know each other because I heard that both of you used to go to the same middle school?”

I hesitated and Rebecca cut in, “Yeah, I’ve seen her around before.”

Rebecca’s mom smiled, “Oh that’s wonderful! You two could be good friends!”

Huh, I don’t think that’s possible. The sight of her just filled me with abhorrence. I refuse to let go of what she did to me. Rejection is something I can never face up to.

There was silence again. Then mom and dad began talking to Rebecca’s parents. I can’t take listening to them so I hurriedly finished my dinner and left the dining table to return to my room.

I went back to my room and sat down on my study table. I didn’t realize that my door was left open because I heard Rebecca spoke, “So this is your room…”

I looked up to see Rebecca by the door. “What are you doing here?” I asked, looking away.

She walked into my room and closed the door behind her before walking over to the study table. She leaned over to me, “I’m sorry for everything I’ve done in to you in the past. Can’t we be friends?”

I pushed her away and replied curtly, “Only when hell freezes over.”

She looked deep into my eyes before leaning to my ear and breathed, “You know you still have feelings for me.”

Who does she think she is? Does she think I can’t live without her just because of what took place awhile back?

“Those feelings are gone. They were gone the moment you rejected me.” I rolled my eyes.