Chapter 33- Semifinals

Author's note: Sheep- Semifinals are here!! WHOO! Enjoy the chapter. :P Oh! Here's a picture of Mandy! I know most of you would be dying to know how the biggest bitch in school looks like right? >>>>>

Chapter 33- Semifinals

Sophie:

Finally, the day I’ve been looking forward to. Friday, 21 February, the day of the semifinals.

I met Tracy and found a seat in the indoor stadium.

“Excited?” She asked, grinning.

“Intoxicated but yet a little apprehensive.” I replied.

Soon, the cheerleaders made an appearance and they started their routine. Everyone was just so enthusiastic. I spotted Jessica’s ex-girlfriend, Mandy, doing the routine. Being the head cheerleader, she was the lead in the squad. All eyes were on her. I guess you could say that she liked this kind of attention. When the routine ended, the basketball players made their way out.

I felt my eyes widen. As the basketball players entered the court, I scanned every one of their jerseys to find number 12. After a minute, I finally did. Christine was standing beside Natasha. I frowned.

Christine and Natasha were both in the game tonight. I directed my attention to Christine and focused on her.

Let’s see how great she actually is.

I felt jealousy arising within me again.

The game was so tensed today. I practically had my fingers crossed throughout the match.

Victoria fell and injured her shoulder somewhere in the second quarter and was sent to the nurse’s office. A few minutes later, Christine fell. Though she just bumped her knee, the referee blew the whistle for a time out. Natasha ran to her and helped her up. When they got to the bench, I saw Natasha checking on Christine’s knee.           

Somehow, Natasha showing concern for Christine’s fall made me even more jealous. I felt angered by the fact that Natasha cares so much for Christine. I guess maybe that’s because no one has ever shown me such care over a trivial matter. Not even my parents.

Natasha scored the last winning goal. Michelle got the ball from Jessica and passed it to Natasha who faked a pass and attempted an under basket thus leading the team to victory. I was so happy. My crush scored the winning goal. Thanks to her, the school is now able to qualify for the finals.

Natasha jumped for joy when the ball went through the hoops. She ran to Christine and hugged her. It wasn’t one of those short hugs that you give when you score a goal. It was those long, tight hugs that you give when you thought you’re never going to see that person again.

This was the last straw.

Anger surged within me. I clenched my fists and glared at Christine. What is it that Natasha sees in her?