Chapter 20- Let's Play

Author's note:Sheep- Hey!!!! This is chapter 20!! I wonder what's gonna happen here? :/

Chapter 20- Let’s Play

Victoria:

Finally, the last day of January!

I missed Monday’s training and Avery told me they went through attack and defense tactics. Damn, I should’ve been there but no, I had to have that stupid Spanish tutoring thing. But at least I benefited from it.

Today’s training was with the rest of the team too. Today Mr. Burns focused on defense. I noticed one of the B5, Fiona. She’s so quiet. She doesn’t really talk much. During water break, I asked Jessica and Michelle, “Uh… You know that member in your group? The quiet one?”

“Who? Fiona?” Michelle asked.

“Yeah, why is she quiet? Did something happen to her?” I questioned.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders, “Beats me. She’s been like that since we were freshmen. Maybe something happen to her in the past? All I know is she stays with her grandmother.”

I looked to Michelle, “Then you?”

“I don’t even know she lived with her grandmother, how do you expect me to know anything else?” She laughed.

That girl, Fiona, is strange. She seems to have a dark secret.

Fiona:

Training again. Competition is coming up and I’m really hoping we make it to the semifinals this time. I remember last season’s game. It was such a waste. If I didn’t miss that last winning basket, we would have made it into the semifinals.

I am aware that many people think of me as mysterious and quiet. But trust me, you will be after you know what I’ve been through.

-Flashback (12 years ago)-

I faintly remember it was on my fifth birthday, that tragic day.

“Happy fifth birthday, Fiona!” Mom smiled as she brought out the cake.

She set up the candles then the phone rang. It was dad. She went to the kitchen and talked. Recently, mom and dad were always quarreling about dad’s job as dad had to go overseas all the time.

Being a careless child, I picked the lighted candle and threw them on the floor. As I threw the first candle, the carpet caught fire. Mom started yelling on the phone. I cried and picked all the remaining four candles and threw them on the floor. I just wasn't happy. I wasn't happy that Dad couldn't even come home to celebrate my birthday. I missed him. The papers in the bin caught fire. The newspapers on the table caught fire.

It stared to feel hot so I ran out of the room to call mom.