Chapter 19- Blind Corner

Author's note: Sheep- What's a blind corner? Hehehe. What's gonna happen to Avery? I guess you'll just have to read! :P

Chapter 19- Blind Corner

Erica:

I arrived at the outdoor stadium earlier today because Ms. Davis called for a meeting.

“Alright girls, as you know, January is coming to end and as soon as the Basketball season ends it’ll be our turn. We have three months to prepare and judging by our team performance, we should be able to get to at least the quarterfinals. What we lack is the bond. Our team is not bonded. Seniors and juniors are separated and we cannot afford to have this kind of attitude in our team.” She paused, “We’re having a track and field bonding party this Saturday. You’ll have to plan this among yourselves but I want the whole team to be present. And to make sure everyone turn up, I want to see a team picture taken at the venue of the party, so there’s no running away.” She eyes Andrea.

“I will give you time to discuss now, I have a meeting to attend to for all coaches so I’ll be back in 20 minutes and I want to hear all the details of the party.” She said and walked over to Andrea, “I’m leaving Andrea in charge.”

She looked to Andrea, “Don’t mess this up.” And with that, she left the stadium.

Andrea walked to the middle of the team, “So where should this party be held?”

“Your house!” Someone shouted out.

“No, this weekend my parents are expecting some clients and they mentioned to me strictly no parties.” Andrea explained.

“Awww….” The whole team sighed.

I don’t get it, what’s so great about Andrea’s place?

Recently, I’ve made a couple of friends in Track and Field. One of which is Diana. And she isn’t that bad. I invited her to my house the other time and we had a fun time. Well, most of our time was used up on playing the Nintendo Wii.

“So who’s place should we crash?” Andrea asked.

Then a familiar voice shouted, “We should crash Erica’s place. She has a pool! We can have a poolside party!”

No wait, I know that voice. It’s Diana’s.

Andrea looked at me and asked, “So, your place?”

What should I say?

“Uh… No.” I said affirmatively.

“Why not? For the sake of the team just say yes.” Andrea reasoned.

I gave it a little thought. Hmm… A party isn’t a party if my two best friends don’t come along…