Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing

Author's Note- Wolf: Hey readers! Sorry for the delay of chapter 14 but... it's here now! Seems like Mandy is (probably) the most hated person on earth, but was she always like this?? Read on to find out and enjoy! :)

Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing

Shelly:
After school, I got a text message from Mandy telling me to go meet at her house 'pronto'. Ugh. I hate her. I know 'hate' is a really strong word but if you have been through the same experiences I did with her, you'd say the same thing too. I know I'm part of her 'clique' but I'm sick and tired of being popular and acting like I'm all that. 

I drove my car to her house and parked it at an empty parking lot. I walked in through the familiar giant doors and Steven, her family butler greeted," Well good afternoon, Ms Thompson. Ms McDonald is upstairs in her room waiting for your presence."

" Thanks Steven!" I said with a smile. I sneakily took out 10 bucks and placed into his hand, giving him a wink at the same time. He stared at it, blinked a few times then nodded his head and placed the money in his breast pocket. I walked up the steps to her room. Man, her house was big. 

I mean, I've known Mandy since we were 12 but I can never get used to her house. Apart from being the daughter of a famous producer, Mandy practically lives the life of a princess. Always getting what she wants, it's no wonder she's a spoilt brat. 

I opened the door to Mandy's room to find her lying on her bed, flipping through her magazine. She stopped and looked up at me and said rudely," What took you so long?"

" I was dismissed late." I lied. I didn't want to tell her that I actually took my own sweet time to come here. It's not like I wanted to be here anyway. 

She rolled her eyes then got up from the bed. She took out 2 dresses from a paperbag and held it up to show me. "So the reason why I called you was so you could tell me if the dresses I bought yesterday from Dolce & Gabana was nice or not," she beamed. 

I looked at the 2 dresses. One was long and frilly with floral patterns on it while the other was short maroon and fluffy. The two dresses were gorgeous and with Mandy's looks plus body, it would look stunning on her. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the personality to match up to her beauty. 

" I'm going to change into these now. Be right back!" she exclaimed, heading towards her bathroom.

I decided to laze around so I plopped myself on a pink beanbag and just looked around her room. She had a lot of things. Too much things. Just then, my eye caught on a picture sitting on her bedside table. It was her family picture consisting of her mum, dad and her when she was 12. I sighed and a weave of sadness and pity came over me. 

She mainly got her looks from her dad but she had her mum's hair and eyes. Mandy wasn't always like this. I know because well, I've been her childhood friend and no one knows Mandy as well as I do. Back then, Mandy was still selfish and rude and pretty much the same but she was much more happier and easier to please. 

Mandy was extremely close to her mum but her mum had decided to take up a traveling job and Mandy didn't take it too well. She hardly saw her mum anymore. That was until 2 years ago, she had found another pair of heels at her front door. Thinking it was her mum, she excitedly ran upstairs and to the master bedroom.

Then, the unexpected happened. It wasn't her mum, it was another woman which she recognized from TV. It turns out that her dad was seeing another woman and having an affair for the past 2 years while her mum was away.

I can't imagine how Mandy must've felt and she didn't get away with what she saw considering that she interrupted their 'alone time'. Later that night, her dad beat her up and threatened that if she ever told her mum, she would get thrown out of the house. And as obvious as it is, Mandy's not much of a survivor.