Chapter 41- Tone Deaf

Author's note: Sheep- So here's 41. Enjoyyy~

Chapter 41- Tone Deaf

Erica:

Alright! I was about to meet my two best buddies at the mall for lunch. I myself out of the house and took a cab to the mall where I see Avery already waiting by the fountain. I looked to my watch. 12.00pm. Well, I made it just on time. I scanned the area. No sign of Victoria. I sighed. When will she ever be early?

“Hey!” I greeted as I walked up to Avery.

Avery smiled in acknowledgement. “Have you been here long?” I asked.

Avery shook her head, “Nope. About 15 minutes.”

You’re kidding me right? How is 15 minutes not long?

About 10 minutes later, Victoria arrived.

“What took you so long?” I groaned.

“Uh, I missed the bus.” She smiled.

“What do you want to eat?” Avery asked the both of us as we began walking towards the mall.

“Hmm… How about some Chinese?” I suggested.

“Yeah. Haven’t had Chinese in quite awhile.” Victoria replied.

We stepped into the mall and walked over to a Chinese restaurant. We settled ourselves down and ordered the food. This was our favourite Chinese restaurant. We don’t even need the menu and we can order straightaway.

15 minutes later, there was a widespread of food on our table.

“Let’s dig in!” Victoria exclaimed.

We began eating and when we were done, we settled the bill and left.

“What do you wanna do now?” I asked.

“Hmm… How about heading to the arcade?” Victoria beamed.

Ugh, Victoria and her game fetish.

While making our way to the arcade, we shopped along the way. When we arrived at the arcade, Victoria ran in and got the credits to play the machine.

“Let’s start with my one and only favourite game… BASKETBALL.” She exclaimed in excitement.

The next thing I knew, she pulled Avery and I, and ran to the basketball machine. Seriously, I’m not a ball person.

You should have seen the way I shot the basketballs. I was made the laughing stock of the game! It was so embarrassing. There were three machines. We each took one and there was this stupid time limit that we had to get a certain about of points before moving on to the next round. I was out on the first round. Yeah, that was how much I sucked.

I looked over to Avery and Victoria. Wow, they were doing well. They completed all four rounds and I looked at the points they’ve scored. Avery: 536 Victoria: 540.

Oh my God… How is that even possible?

Avery and Victoria walked over to me.

“So how much did ya get?” Victoria asked as she looked over to the machine I was playing at.

“10?” She shrieked, “Who in the world could ever get a 10?”

Victoria burst out laughing and Avery soon after.

“Yes, I got a 10. Can we play something else now?” I groaned.

We continued to hang around the arcade playing pinball and kart racing.