Chapter 46 - The Bet

Author's note: Sheep- I'm sorry readers but this will be the last chapter for the next two weeks! I'm so so sorry!!!! Please be patient!! In this chapter, we'll see the three best friends and B5 bet over their sport on who'll win the amazing race!

Chapter 46 – The Bet

Victoria:

Mr. Murray, the principal called for an assembly at the hall today. I groaned as I made my way to the hall.

“Good morning, students. I have a special announcement to make. Next Monday, the school will be having an amazing race. This race will be a competition between all the extra curriculum activities. This amazing race will test all you students on physical strength and critical thinking. It will take place the whole day so there will be no lessons.” He announced before he passed the microphone to some teacher in charge of this race to brief us on the details

At lunch, Avery and I were telling Erica on how we think basketball will win because we are the most physically fit sport in the school.

“Hey! I think track and field might stand a chance because we can run really fast which we shows we have speed. We’ll win in the physical activities for sure!”

“Oh really? But basketball has more strength than you runners.” I retorted.

But really, we train twice a week. We have speed, stamina and strength. This amazing race would be a piece of cake. All these runners do is run. Yes, they might have more speed and stamina but strength, we definitely have more. I don’t see how we would lose.

Erica:

Okay, so there was this announcement that there was going to be an amazing race between all the extra curriculum activities in school. I personally think that track and field would win because look at us. We have the most amount of stamina. I mean like we run a lot and obviously, our calf muscles should be more than any other.

But no, Avery and Victoria think that they’re going to win just because they think that basketball is the fittest among all the other sports.

They have no idea the distance that we run each training. It’s only right that track and field won. We’re fast. We’re sprinters. So obviously, speed will not be an issue in this race. It’s a race after all. Isn’t it supposed to be a battle of the smartest?

Just wait and see. I’ll make sure track and field would win first place.

Jessica:

Mr. Murray announced that there would be some amazing race thing. When he mentioned that it’d be a competition between all the extra curriculum activities, I knew that basketball was going to win.

I met the rest of the B5 for lunch. As I sat down, I said confidently, “About the amazing race, basketball is so gonna win.”

“Huh? You’re kidding right? No, track and field is going to win.” Andrea replied back.

“What are you guys talking about? It’s so obvious that hockey is going to win.” Sophie said with such confidence.

“WHAT?” I asked, horrified.

“Look at the facts, hockey is a sport. We have speed and stamina but maybe not as much as you people but they have me. And I’m the brain. I hate to brag but I’m the smartest in the school.” Sophie ended.

Oh my God, what if Sophie won? No, that can’t be. I mean look at hockey. They’re so weak and what can brains do? The rest of her team isn’t as brainy as her. Our physical fitness outdoes hers a million times over. I am sure basketball can win this. We may not have the brains, but we’re the fittest in the school.

“Okay, you wanna bet?” I smiled at the rest of them.

“Sure, how much you’re going to put on basketball?” Andrea asked.

“I’m putting twenty bucks.” I looked over to Michelle and gave her a nudge.

“What?” She asked.

“Place your bet on basketball.” I retorted.

“Oh, uh, I bet twenty-five bucks on basketball.” Michelle smiled.

Fiona bets twenty-five bucks as well and Sophie smiled slyly, “I bet fifty that hockey will win.”

“You’re serious? You know you’re just gonna lose your fifty bucks.” I laughed.

“Oh you’ll see…” She smirked.

Somehow those three words scared me. WE HAVE GOT TO TRAIN OVER THE WEEKENDS.

“Andrea? How much are you going to bet on track and field?” Michelle asked.

“Twenty-five.” She smiled,

“Alright then, it’s on. Y’all better be crying when basketball wins.” I exclaimed.

We have to win. I’m not going to lose twenty bucks on something as stupid as this.