Chapter 42- Assumptions

Author's note: Sheep- Yay 42's here!

Chapter 42- Assumptions

Dakota:

It’s Monday, 3rd March. There’s band practice today.  Somehow, each time I thought about band, I thought of how Andrea had helped me with my music sheets.  How she complimented my singing. Ever since that day, I could never stop singing. Her compliment motivated me to do better. It’s surprising how someone like her could make me want to strive for the best. Well, I am already one of the most talented in my music class and I hate to brag but I am musically talented.

After lunch having lunch with my two best buds, Sophie and Tracy, I went off to meet Beverly, my band mate by the drinking fountain before heading off to the band room.

We reported to Mr. Glenn, the conductor. From his looks, I could tell he had a pretty rough day and you don’t like him when he’s in a bad mood. Thank God we were 5 minutes early. Unfortunately, seven students reported late for band practice. Screw them because now, Mr. Glenn was blowing his top.

“How dare you be late for band practice? Everyone had to wait for you before they could begin. Is band not important to you at all?” He yelled.

The latecomers looked down in shame. “And it’s not only one student that’s late. It’s seven. I’m utterly disappointed in you. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.” Mr. Glenn shrieked.

He turned back to the rest of us, “Out. Every one of you, out.” He pointed to the door.

“Where to, sir?” the band major, Florissa asked.

He looked to Florissa and said, “To the soccer field. Soccer isn’t having their training today, are they?”

Florissa shook her head, “No, sir.”

“Then out to the field. Bring your instruments.” He exclaimed in fury.

Quietly, I took my French horn and scurried out of the band room. Beverly and I walked behind the rest towards the soccer field. We assembled ourselves there and waited for Mr. Glenn to arrive. When he did, he boomed, “Thanks to your seven latecomers, all of you will be standing under the scorching heat with your instruments for an hour. None of you are allowed to move. If I catch anyone moving, it’ll be another hour. Do you hear?!”

“Yes sir!” We replied.

About 15 minutes into standing, I saw the runners from track and field emerging from through the door. I caught a familiar sight – Andrea. Holy crap, she’s in track and field? My eyes followed her wherever she walked.

Then, some other shorter girl walked up to her and they began talking, happily. Jealousy coursed through my veins. Why is Andrea talking to a person like her? Who the hell is that girl anyways? Just a few days ago, I found out that Andrea was one of the most well known girls in our school as well as outside of school. Talk about fame... And she’s not straight. Apparently, she is a member of B5, a bunch of girls that were ‘bad’ and weren’t straight. They’re one of the most feared gang of girls around school. I’ve heard of B5 around school before but I’ve never actually met them... I guess I was cooped up in my studies and music that I couldn’t care less about school gossips. I had no idea.

Then my classmate, Tasha called out to that unknown girl, “Erica, ready to go?”

So, her name is Erica? Well Erica, who are you to talk to Andrea? No, don’t tell me Andrea likes her? That’ll be so wrong. Erica doesn’t even look like Andrea’s type at all. I mean look at her. She’s so short. She’s around 5 foot 2? Even I’m taller than her. Her dark brown hair doesn’t even fit her face. Not only that, look at her smile. Her smile’s not even nice. It’s too wide. Her teeth aren’t even nice. Oh my God, hearing her laughter is so disgusting. Yes, she laughed THAT loud till I could hear her from the soccer field. Her eyes are so screwed in a way that it is so tiny when she smiles. They look like two straight lines across her face. Ew, her nose isn’t in the right shape at all. It’s too high and pointed. This could be due to her being an arrogant snob. Oh my God, I cannot describe her further. She’s ugly and arrogant. Fuck her. Cunt.