Chapter 1- First day of school

Author's note- Sheep: Hey all! Hope you've liked the prologue. This is chapter 1! :D Okay, enjoy! Remember to comment and vote.

Chapter  1-  First day of school

2 January 2012, Monday

Avery:

7am. My alarm went off. I got up and went to change. Today would be my first day in McKinley High. I was going to meet Victoria at Erica’s house. I put on a knee-length, white dress with laces on it. I’ve prepared this dress for many weeks now and was planning to wear it on my first day of high school.

I looked at myself in the mirror, making sure that I look just fine before leaving the house. I bolted through the door and made my way to Erica’s house.

I arrived at her doorstep and checked my watch, 7.20am. I was 10 minutes early. I rang the doorbell and waited for a moment or two. I heard light footsteps approaching the door and soon, I was greeted by Erica, whose hair is still in a mess and wearing her rubber ducky PJs, with pink bunny slippers.

“Hi, you’re here early!” she said with a smile, “I’m not even ready! Maybe you could hang around the kitchen. Breakfast is on the table.”

I nodded my head and walked into the kitchen. On the kitchen table, there was a widespread of blueberry pancakes, butter bread, milk and orange juice. I sat down and waited in silence for Victoria to arrive and for Erica to get ready.

Erica:

Why do I have friends that are such early birds? Oh wait, only Avery is like that.

I ran back up the stairs and into my room. I brushed my teeth and combed my long, wavy, dark brown hair. I threw on a black and white sleeveless lacy top, a brown leather jacket and dark blue skinny jeans. I left my room and went into the kitchen. I hope Avery hasn’t started her own breakfast party without me...

“You’re finally done.” Avery whined, “It took you forever to get ready... Can we eat now? PLEASE?”

I laughed and nodded my head, “Alright.”

We sat at the dinner table and ate our breakfast together. After we’re done, Victoria still hasn’t arrived. I glanced at the wall clock, 8am. Where in the world in Victoria?

“Hey, where’s Victoria? You did tell her about meeting at my house right?” I asked Avery.

Avery finished her orange juice and replied, “Yeah. She said she’ll be here by 7.30am.”

I shook my head. That girl was always late for appointments. Someone should really teach her something about punctuality... At that precise moment, the doorbell rang. Finally!

Victoria:

Oops, I think I overslept again... What can I say? I’m never a morning person. I bet Avery’s already there. She’s always early... I pushed the doorbell impatiently as my tummy grumbled. Damn, I was hungry. Erica opened the door and I barged right into the kitchen. Looking at the remaining blueberry pancakes and butter bread, I exclaimed, “BREAKFAST!” I took my seat and started gobbling everything up.