Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot

Avery:

It was 8pm. Victoria, Erica and I had a joint call. We talked about what happened this afternoon. Erica asked, “So… About earlier today… More than 30% of the school’s population is lesbian huh?”

Victoria replied, “YUP.”

I heard Erica pause for a moment before she asked, “Okay, let’s play the ‘what if’ game. I start, alright? If we were all to become lesbian one day… Who do you think will be a lesbian first? On the count of three,. One, two, three. Avery.”

At that same moment, I heard Victoria and I say Erica’s name.

“What?! Why me!” She exclaimed.

I replied, “Oh that’s maybe because you seem like the kind that’ll fall in love first?”

“And also maybe because you’re the eldest among three of us?” Victoria added.

“So? What does that prove?” Erica exclaimed before explaining, “ Love has no limits okay. I chose Avery because I just feel that she’ll fall in love first.”

“IN WHAT WAY DO I LOOK LIKE I WOULD FALL IN LOVE FIRST?!” I screamed through the phone.

“Whoa, calm down…” Victoria said coolly.

“I don’t know, just a feeling. And I’ll prove you guys wrong.” Erica promised.

We chatted over the phone a while longer about school and how we can’t wait to begin training. After we hang up at around 9.30pm, I lay down on my bed and just let my thoughts run wild.

I thought of basketball and slowly my mind drifted off to Michelle. Awkward, I know. I thought of the incident that happened this afternoon. I caught her staring at me twice. Can you believe it? TWICE. It was a really awkward situation. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad if I didn’t know she was a lesbian, but it just so happens that I do and it just gives me wrong ideas.

Oh God, what if she likes me? I mean think of it this way. She's not straight and stares at you and looks away when you catch them. It could be a possibility. But then again, I could be overthinking. Hahaha, yeah, just because she's lesbian doesn't mean she likes you. She probably has some other better crushes like Mandy or something. Psht, what was I thinking?

Mandy:

After dinner, I ran up to my room, took a nice long bath and painted my toenails. While I was waiting for it to dry, I decided to call my best buds, Tiffany and Shelly. I’ve been planning to end it with Jessica for a few weeks now. What can I say? I’m in love with someone else. In fact, I was in love with one of my buddies. Besides I was getting bored of Jessica and I can tell she’s bored with me too. By the way she reacts to me and the way she talks to me. But I have to be the one who’ll end it with her or it’ll ruin my reputation and image.

You see, given my looks and capability, I can make almost any girl fall for me, lesbian or not. It doesn’t matter. I am known to date girls, get bored then dump them in the most horrible, humiliating way. I have a feeling that Jessica is going to break our relationship soon and I cannot let her do that. No one breaks up with me. Only I break up with them. I know I seem like a bitch, I'm not even going to deny. I am. But I'm like this because of reasons better left unsaid.

Tiffany and Shelly finally picked up the phone after a few dials.

“What’s up?” Tiffany chirped.

“Hey Mandy, hey Tiffany,”  Shelly greeted.

“Okay, girls. I’ve come up with a plan that will sure take down the great leader of B5,” I snickered.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Mandy, isn’t that digging your own grave? No one dares to pick up a fight with B5. They’re powerful. They rule the school inside and out. You sure you don’t want to reconsider your plan?” Tiffany warned.

I paused for a moment, “Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Alright then, let’s hear it.” Shelly asked.

“Great! I’ll initiate the break up a week from now. And during this time, I’m going to make life difficult for her. One of which will be our last date together tomorrow. I’ll make sure to make full use of her time and annoy every bit of her. Next Friday, during recess, I’d go up to her and tell her that I’m breaking up with her. When I snap my fingers, it’ll be your cue to enter and pour your leftovers on her. Sounds pretty humiliating huh? The great leader gets poured with leftover food from her ex-girlfriend. Trust me, it’s going to ruin whatever ego she has left inside of her.”  I laughed.

Shelly and Tiffany laughed along with me and agreed.

“Then it’s settled. Looking forward to next Friday!” And with that, I hang up.

Hah! Jessica will never see it coming. I can’t wait to see the look on her face when they pour leftovers on her. That would be so unsightly. But for now, I’ll just focus on giving her the worst date of her life tomorrow.