Chapter 42: You're not Kiera

The day after the party, staying in bed all day was a very good idea. Kiera had stopped by to get all her things and then left because she was pretty hungover; Sarah stopped by just to check up on me and Jake did too. After they left, I was left alone for the majority of the day; until around six pm. When I had some guests.

I thought it was my pizza that I ordered but turns out, it was only Alec and Asher. Don't get me wrong, ever since I found out the truth about everything, I was warming up to them more than before, but I was still angry they lied to me and wouldn't let me in on their little secret.

They stood there, looking pretty awkward, like they were picking me up for a date. Alec wore his usual black t-shirt, loose jeans, and black boots. Asher wore a plaid button down shirt, blue khakis, and blue Sperry's. As for me, well I wore a green t-shirt, gray sweats, and slipper boots with my hair piled on top of my head; who has effort to look good every day?

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, not rudely but just tired. I barely got any sleep last night, Trevor's comments kept keeping me up late.

"We're here to make sure you're okay," Asher tells me, "And to ask you to move back in."

I figured as much, "I don't know."

"You know the truth now, Evie. We didn't care about sex with you, we just knew the intruder would reveal himself if we weren't around," Asher reminds me.

"No I know," I tell him, "and I understand; I just have gotten used to being alone here."

Alec chuckles, "You weren't ever alone; we would stakeout your house for the three weeks."

"What?"

"Did you really think we'd leave you alone?" Asher asks.

"No," I admit, "I figured as much."

"Please move back in, if you don't we'll have to stakeout again and well, no sleep equals cranky Alec," Asher tells me.

I laugh, "Alec's always cranky."

Asher nods, "You do have a point there."

Alec rolls his eyes, clearly not amused, or so he pretends but I saw a smile creeping on his lips. Before anyone can say some snarky comment, I see a flash of lightning and a crash of thunder before it starts pouring hard. Thankfully we were all under the porch which was covered by roof.

"It's raining cats and dogs," I comment.

Alec nods in agreement before a sly grin passes on his face. He takes a step back and down the stairs until he reaches the lawn. He stands there with that grin on his face, "Man it feels great out here."

"Alec," I hiss, "Get back here, you're going to get sick." I've been rained on before and the day after I was sick for a week straight.

"Say you'll move back in!" He shouts and I shake my head but laugh.

"Alec-"

"I'll come in but only if you promise you'll move back in! It's not the same without you!"

I sigh and nod, "Okay! I'll move back in! Just come here...now."

Alec smirks and makes his way to the porch. To say he was dripping wet is an understatement. He was drenched in rain water from head to toe, his shoes squeaked as he walked and he was beginning to smell like wet dog. I invited them in and pushed Alec into my parent's master bathroom because there was no way he was going upstairs this drenched. I told him to shower as I raided mom's closet and found some of dad's old clothes he didn't take. I left it for him by the door and grabbed the mop to clean up the water that dripped off Alec but Asher had beaten me to it.