Chapter 36: Truth Revealed

I'm sure everyone's wondering what the great idea was but that was weeks ago. Mom's in Florida, the house is still livable but I don't live there. No, mom was anxious about leaving me alone so instead I offered to stay at Asher's place instead. You'd think that she'd be against me living with two guys but she surprisingly trusts them. So that pretty much explains how I moved into Asher's penthouse and disrupted the flow.

The first day I moved in, Alec walks out without pants. Let's say guys underwear is really loose so I saw everything. I didn't get a good look because we both screamed and I covered my eyes. Then the second or third night, Asher comes home and completely begins stripping. He was on the verge of taking off his underwear when he noticed me and finally heard me telling him that I was in the room. Maybe being alone in my house wouldn't be too bad.

As for Jake and I, our relationship is better than ever...a little too good if you ask me. I don't want to jinx anything but it's so perfect that you think it's fake. He takes me out almost every day, he showers me with gifts, and he even helped me move into the penthouse. He also didn't make a big deal about me living with two guys which raised some flags for me but I quickly brought them down; he trusts me.

Sophie is still pissed at me for getting with Jake and she thinks he's hiding something. I understand where she's coming from, she's scared I'm going to get hurt again but at the same time, I have to trust Jake. It might've been a fast relationship but he's my boyfriend and if I don't trust him then who can I trust. Right now, no one has given me a reason as to why I shouldn't so until someone does, I'm going to trust him.

"No lunch with Jake today?" Sophie asks, sitting down next to me in the library.

"No, I have to finish this pre-cal homework so I told him to bring me food."

"I still don't think you should trust him."

"Noted," I tell her, not looking up from my text-book.

"So any plans tonight?"

I nod, "Jake's taking me to a party."

"Another party? You've just been a party girl this whole year haven't you?"

"Not as bad as it used to be."

Sophie nods, "Well I'll be at the penthouse, the guys and I are having a superhero movie marathon, maybe you can join us instead of going with Jake?"

I shake my head, "No can do, he's been excited for this party all day and I can't do that to him. Another time for sure, though."

She nods, "Sure."

After I get the work done, I meet Jake to eat my burger and fries. School passes pretty quickly after that and next thing I know, I'm finishing up in the bathroom for the party. I have on a white lace tank top that shows a little of my stomach, a maroon high-low skirt that is see through except for the top part where it's a mini skirt in a maroon you can't see through, and maroon pumps. I pair the outfit with maroon feather earrings, a gold choker, and a gold clutch sparkly purse. I simply braided my hair into two Dutch braids and then waited for the text from him. Everyone was out getting stuff for the movie party tonight so I didn't have to deal with any looks or arguing about why going to a party was a bad idea.

"You look beautiful," Jake tells me as I get in the car.

"Thank you," I respond, kissing him. The drive to the party was fun, we jammed out to old songs from the 2000s and then when we got there we danced to new songs of 2016. Rihanna's new song Work was really hype. This party wasn't like New Years party because dancing was much easier with Jake and I was more into dancing how he was because I love him.