Chapter 21: Start of Break

I was late to school, I had to say goodbye to my mom and dad as they left for the airport around nine. By the time I made it to school, there was only twenty minutes left of first so I just hung out in the library since I was already absent anyway. When the bell rang, I was making my way to second when Sophie came up to me. I had told her last night everything which only made her want to sleep over even more. We just had to stop at her house after school so she can get some stuff. Our winter break was coming up and so next week was going to be pretty lazy. As we made it to my second period, the boys were waiting.

"Where were you this morning?" Beau asks.

I didn't want to tell them I was going to be alone for two weeks because then I know they'd feel the need to come over and check up on me. Not to mention, I don't want to ask for their help with remodeling because I feel like I'm interfering with their break. Just because my break consists of remodeling doesn't mean I have to ruin theirs with having them help me. Also I feel bad, it seems like I'm desperate for their help all the time.

"Slept in," I tell them. I already told Sophie everything so she's on board with the whole thing.

"Yeah her parents weren't there so-"Sophie stops mid-sentence. I mentally face palm myself, nice one Soph.

"Why weren't your parents there?" Nolan asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Went to work early," I lie.

"You're a terrible liar," Alec points out. Why do I feel like I'm being interrogated?

"Fine, her parents left for Oklahoma and so she'll be home alone for two weeks, well not really alone because I'll be sleeping over, but still," Sophie admits and I send a glare her way, she shrugs, "They already knew we were lying so what's the point?"

"You'll be home alone?" Asher asks.

I nod, "Remodeling my room mostly."

"I love remodeling!" Asher admits.

"No I don't want to do that to you guys. I have like fifty boxes in my room I have to go through, then paint my room, buy new stuff for it, it's a lot of work and it'll take the full two weeks," I tell them.

"Don't worry about ruining our break," Nolan tells me, "We were going to spend it hanging out with you two anyways so we might as well help, considering your shoulder isn't at its peak."

"Are you sure?" I ask and they all nod, "Okay fine."

We broke away to go to second period when the bell rings. After second period, I was walking to third when I saw Kiera and her posse approach. Kiera, Vivian, Keith and Marc were coming towards me, angry glares on their faces. I wasn't sure what I did but I knew I didn't have time for them.

"Okay tell us," Kiera snarls.

"Tell you..."I ask, confused and annoyed.

"How you got them to be your friends."

"Simple," I tell her, "I talked to them."

"That's it?"

"Contrary to popular belief, they're people," I say in an arrogant tone.

"I'm not stupid, I know they're people but I'm just surprised you managed to sleep with all four of them."

"Well I mean-did you say sleep?"