Chapter 27: Night Under the Stars

Asher took my hand and led me through the courtyard. There was a giant maze that I've seen and kind of anticipated at a lavish mansion like this. But it did stress me out. I've always hated mazes and the fear of getting lost in one as big as this, well it terrified me. Not to mention the fact that it was pitch black outside.

"Come on," he says, but I stand my ground.

"I am not going in there."

"Why not?"

"It's dark and I don't wanna get lost."

"We won't."

"How do you know that?"

"Just trust me," he says, with a smirk. He ends up dragging me through the maze until finally we reach the middle of it. In the middle is a giant white gazebo with little yellow lights all around it. There's a silk white cloth running all along the top of the gazebo and also in the middle there's a table with two chairs. Champagne sits in a bucket of ice and two crystal glasses are in front of each chair. In the far right corner, there's stereo that plays soft, classical music.

"What is this?" I ask, smiling.

"Well, just because we're at a Halloween party doesn't mean we can't be classy," Asher smirks, pulling the chair back for me. He sits down across from me and opens up the champagne bottle, pouring it into both our glasses.

"Well this is the fanciest place I've ever been," I remark, making him laugh.

"Hmm, I better take you to Italy then one day."

"As if," I joke, "I would rather go to England."

"So you can meet One Direction?"

I shake my head, "No I want to meet the queen."

Asher bursts into laughter. This feels nice, considering that we haven't really had time to hang out since the whole gang knows where I live thing. But right now, this feels nice. Asher and I are just talking, laughing, and drinking.

The night looked so beautiful out here, you could see all the stars and even the moon. The music from the party was distant but you can still hear nature and actually enjoy the peace from nature. After we finish the champagne, I feel a little woozy. I'm pretty good at holding my alcohol and the champagne wasn't that strong but mixing alcohol never goes well.

We sat down on the grass and looked at the sky. Asher had a blanket out and we wrapped it around ourselves and stared at the stars. When I used to visit my mom's side in Oklahoma, my cousins and I would always stare at the stars and attempt to count all the stars. We would create stories for each star and how it had got up there, but then we just stopped visiting. My cousins and I drifted apart that we barely even speak anymore unless it's over Facebook saying happy birthday or something like that.

"What are you thinking?" Asher asks.

"Just about my cousins and how we used to look at the stars every night when I'd visit them."

"Sounds like fun."

"Yeah, I haven't seen them in years, the only way I know what's happening in their lives is through Facebook."

"I'm sorry," Asher says, grabbing and squeezing my hand.

I smile and shrug, "It's okay."

We look back at the sky just as a shooting star flies by. Asher smiles and looks at me. I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy movies.

"Make a wish," he whispers.

I sigh and close my eyes, I don't even know what to wish for. But finally something pops into my mind and I reopen my eyes. I turn to see Asher staring at me with a smile.

"What?" I ask, turning onto my side so I'm facing him.

He shakes his head, "Nothing."

"No seriously what!" I say, laughing. He doesn't say anything, "Fine, don't tell me but at least tell me what you wished for."

"But it won't come true then."

"True but then again, there's no evidence it will come true if you don't tell."

He sighs, "I didn't wish for anything."

I look at him with a puzzled look, "Why not?'

He shrugs, "I have everything I need."

"So there's nothing else you need?"

He smiles, turning back towards me, pushing a strand of hair back behind my ear, thank god I took off that horrid wig, "Only one thing, but luck won't help me there."

I feel goosebumps running all up my arm as he caresses my cheek and I can't tell if it's because of the cold or because of the spark I feel by his touch, "So what will?"

"I would like to think my charm and great sense of humor," he jokes, turning back around looking at the sky.

"Uh-huh, so what is it that you want?"

He smiles, "Now that's something I won't ever spill, just in case luck is real, I don't want to jinx it."

I figure that he won't tell me anymore or even talk about it anymore so I look back at the sky. I stare at the sky, being mesmerized by the sky, while I feel Asher looking at me, being mesmerized as well. I can't help but wonder, if I'm that one thing he doesn't have yet.

Asher puts his arm under me and pulls me close. We're basically snuggling under the blanket staring at the sky. Or at least I am. Asher is still looking at me, but eventually his gaze shifts to the sky. I begin counting the stars once more, making it to twenty before feeling darkness engulf me, and arms pulling me closer, embracing me.

*************************************************************

So good news!!! I finally finished this story so updates would be more frequent!!!!

Anyway I love you guys for reading and I will update soon! I just work today so this update will have to do until i get home which will be late ))):

But until then enjoy this update! Let me know what you think! 

Love you xx