Chapter 28: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was supposed to be one of the best. It's supposed to be warm enough to hang outside but cold enough to wear cute fall clothes. But unfortunately for me, my mom wasn't in the celebrating mood. She was planning to go to Florida to visit her mom and dad, while I decided I would stay here. I would've loved to see grandma and grandpa, it's just I think mom needs to gather her thoughts a bit. Ever since she and dad split, she never really got a chance to think about it, so I'm giving this to her.

Sophie's family went out of town so she went with them, I'm without my partner in crime for a while this week. The boys have stopped by every day, hanging out with me, occasionally one of them would spend the night, just precaution. But today's Thanksgiving and I know they probably have plans.

Asher is being forced to have Thanksgiving with his family, same with Nolan, and Beau. Alec is heading to New Hampshire to visit his dad, so I'm pretty much spending Thanksgiving alone. I know how to cook so this isn't really a problem for me. I already have the turkey and dessert, I just have to make mashed potatoes. Mom's coming home Saturday so it's only a couple days more alone. Besides, Sophie is coming back Sunday so she'll be at school on Monday. Alone time is pretty good for me.

After I put the turkey in the oven, I began making mashed potatoes, peas, and corn. The turkey took a while but it was finally done, which allowed me to put my pecan pie in the oven. I made a pumpkin pie for my mom when she comes back because that's her favorite dessert. So far, dinner for one is looking pretty good. I tidy up the house a little as I'm waiting for the pie to finish. I make whipped cream for both pie and then leave the turkey in the oven just so it will be warm.

I take a quick shower, putting on my baby pink sweater, black leggings, and brown boots. I even do my hair so it doesn't look frizzy. Finally I add a white infinity scarf around just so I can top the look off. I guess it didn't dawn on me until I made it downstairs and saw all the food that I realized, this was my first Thanksgiving alone.

I know I shouldn't sulk because it's my fault that I wanted to rather stay home than go with mom with family. Dad offered for me to spend Thanksgiving with him and his new child bride but that was way too fast. I was still angry at him and at the slut he keeps sleeping with, so I think spending Thanksgiving alone is a better idea than murdering someone. But I guess I'm just not used to be alone on holidays.

As much as I wanted to sulk, I realize that maybe there's a bright side to this. One, I could take some to the homeless shelter and give them a real Thanksgiving meal. Two, I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself. Lastly, I might be alone but at least mom and dad won't be fighting or pretending to love each other. They tried too hard to make me believe that they were still in love.

I put in a CD that plays mellow music, and turn around to look at the dinner I spent so much time on. As soon as I was done, I would go over to the shelter and give them the food so they can have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. But before I could enjoy it, there was a knock on the door. I walk over to the door, opening it, Alec stands there, leaning against the door way.

He wears a white V-neck t-shirt, loose jeans that he has his hands in the front pockets of. He smiles at me, "Hey."

"Alec?" I ask, "I thought you were meeting your dad?"

He shrugs, "I realized that I'd rather spend Thanksgiving with you than with a father that will probably get drunk."

I smile, "Come on in."

He walks in, taking one look at the table, "Well were you planning on feeding people coming off the mayflower?"

I roll my eyes, "If you must know, I was going to take the majority of this to the shelter to make the homeless have an amazing Thanksgiving."