Chapter 18: News

I saw a bright light shining before me. No it wasn't the light, it was a really bright LED light that was placed in the chandelier hanging over my head as I lay in a massive king, circular bed that I didn't recognize. This isn't Sophie's room, her room is bright pink with a white day bed that has another bed that can be pulled out below it. This room was a navy blue color with this giant circular bed which had black covers and dark wood floors. It was pretty plain, other than a desk in it, there wasn't much. But now the question still echoes in my head, where am I?

I hear the door creak open slowly and see Sophie's head poke in. The bed is pressed up right against the wall where the door is so she has to arch her neck to get a better look. She sees me and smiles before running up to the bed. I try to sit up, pain accelerates through my arm before Sophie pushes me back down.

"I thought you were dead!" She shouts and I roll my eyes.

"Why would you think that?"

"Do you not remember?"

No I remember last night clearly.

"I do," I tell her, "But we had it under control."

"You had it under control? You got your shoulder dislocated!" She shouts making me wince, I guess it was pretty worrying, "I was hiding in the backseat and all I heard was you scream, then gunshots and when I finally peaked my head, you were passed out! So please tell me, at what point did you have it under control?"

"The point where I helped the boys kill the bad guys."

She narrows her gaze at me, "Don't make me start telling why that was a terrible and dangerous plan."

I give her a mischievous grin, "But it worked."

She rolls her eyes, "Not funny." But there is a smile playing on her lips. She finds it pretty amusing how I escaped. I'm sure the boys told her in explicit detail how they took down the two bad guys while I made it out with only a dislocated shoulder.

"Anyway," I start, "where are we?"

"Asher's Penthouse, apparently all of the four boys have a room so they buddied up. Beau and Nolan share, Asher and Alec share and now this is our room."

"Fancy but..."

"...it's missing our touch," Sophie finishes and we laugh. It really is. There isn't anything pink which shouts Sophie or anything book related which shouts me. We really need to remodel if this will be our room. This simply won't do.

"What about school?" It finally dawned on me that it was past eleven.

"Oh remember how Nolan was trying to hack into the school's database?" I nodded. "Well he succeeded and so he marked us as present in the attendance and canceled the phone call to our parents. Not to mention, he printed out what assignments we need to have done so we're set."

"Smart so help me out of bed," I whine, "I need to walk."

Sophie rolls her eyes but gently helps me get off the massive bed. I'm not wearing the white tank top, black leather jacket and blue jeans anymore with black Uggs that I wore last night. Instead, I'm wearing an x-large super bowl shirt and no pants but the shirt goes down to my knees. My shoulder is bandaged and I have a sling that is really uncomfortable. I make it down the stairs without any help only to see all four boys stare at me. Suddenly, I wish I was wearing pants.