Chapter 17**

I groaned in lack of sleep and turned around in Michael's arms. His arms tightened around me as he woke up to the baby monitor too. "I think it's my turn this time." Michael said yawning and as if on cue, Sophia started crying like her older brother. I groaned.

"Double duty, I guess." We both got up; Michael armed with a bottle and me a breast, we made our way to the twins' room. It was a struggle the first week with all the crying and the lack of materials for two babies, but our families have pitched in greatly. Even my disapproving mother.

Now we were pros with our 5 weeks old babies. We each picked up a child and rocked our red faced children and fed them.

"Get your fill little Conn and let Mommy sleep." His intelligent blue eyes stared at me and as if he understood began to nod off. I burped him quickly and laid him back in bed. Sophia saw her brother go back into his crib and she began to nod off too.

"Twin connections are sort of creepy when you see happen so early with them." I chuckled at Michael's statement as he burped and put Sophia back to bed.

"It is, but I love them anyway." Michael wrapped his arm around my waist and led me back to the bedroom.

"Come on, baby girl. We all know you love us, but it's time for sleep." He didn't have to tell me twice as I curled into his warm body. It was chilly in the apartment and I shivered causing Michael to hug me closer.

It felt like 5 minutes before my alarm went off. I felt like crying because I was so tired. I didn't feel good either. I jumped up and emptied the content of my stomach in the toilet.

"You're overworking yourself, baby." Michael said as he gently pulled my hair back. "I'll get a replacement assistant, but you need to relax and focus on our kids." I didn't even have the energy to fight him, so I allowed him to kiss my forehead and help me back into bed.

As long as my angels stayed asleep, I could sleep. Michael and I basked in the extra 45 minutes, before the distinct dirty diaper cry rang through the baby monitor. I sighed and made my way to the infants' room. "Hush little Conner, don't you cry. Mama's gonna change your dirty diaper." I blew a raspberry in his stomach and my heart melted at his little toothless grin.

"You were made for this." I jumped and turn to see my boyfriend leaning against the doorway. He had a huge grin on and he came over and gave me a deep, passionate kiss.

"What was that for?" He grinned.

"The divorce went through. I'm free to pursue my family all I want now." He nuzzled into my neck and placed burning kisses there.

"Ashley signed them?" I felt him grin on my neck.

"Nope. On the ground of adultery and irreconcilable differences, I was able to get a divorce that only required one signature." I felt happiness in my heart to know that we were free of Ashley. Now we could be us and not have to worry about 'the wife'.

"So, I was thinking about making the announcement at our Office Dinner." I stared at Michael, half shocked and half impressed. The office dinner was tonight and that would be a dramatic way to publicize the divorce and adoption.