Chapter 26**

White.

Three days of staring at a plain white ceiling with a tiny brown stain located right over the bed. Every day I stared at that stain wondering if I would be rescued. I had no clue where I was and I felt hopeless.

I turned in the bed and curled into a ball, almost knowing exactly what time it was. Like clockwork, Ron walked into the room with a metal tray in his hands. "Time for breakfast, sweetpea." I shifted and felt the soreness of every bruise located on my body.

I had been hit for every bit of resistance I gave to this crazy man, but I wouldn't change it. I would get beat until I was rescued or the last breath left my body, but I refused to succumb to this man.

The latest beating had been because he wanted to make love and I damn sure as going to fight that hard. I'd kicked him in the balls to the point where he couldn't get up again. I wanted to chuckle, but he'd kicked me in my ribs a good amount of times. Luckily, nothing felt broken.

I sat up in bed and kept a straight face on as Ron smiled sweetly at me. I never fully trusted him and I never ate until he tried the food first. If I was being drugged, we both were being drugged. "Eat some of it first." Ron's smile faltered, but he recovered and continued to beam at me.

"Why, sweetness? I know you want all your food?" I chuckled humorlessly.

"I'm feeling generous today. Try some first." Ron's face darkened and he placed the bowl gently on the table. I knew this was the calm before the storm and I readied myself for another beating.

***

Michael's POV:

I paced my living room floor as I stared at the bald man on my living room floor who worked diligently at finding out where my wife was.

"It's been 3 days, just tell me, are we any closer at finding her?" I felt like crying because I was so tired and stressed. I hadn't been able to eat or sleep and my sister had graciously taken the twins on a mini vacation from me. She knew nothing of the situation, but she knew that I was slowly breaking and I needed help.

"Actually I know who kidnapped her, stupidly enough, he didn't put on his mask until he was at her front door."

"Who is the bastard?" The man clicked furiously at his computer for another moment before sitting back and resting against my couch.

"Ronald Mason. A history teacher at the local high school." I felt myself pale and I collapsed onto my couch. I remember this man. I'd met him, shook his hand and he'd kidnapped my wife?

Ron was a different man, to state things lightly. He always contained a wild look in his eyes, but I never paid much attention because I didn't know the man much. He seemed to love Holli and Micah a lot and now I realize how much.

His hug with Micah had been too touchy.