Chapter 13**

"So where will I be sleeping?" Michael said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I laughed and leaned upside down to kiss his forehead. Michael was still in a wheelchair because his legs were still healing.

"Let's focus on getting you in the house and fed." I opened the door and the light flicked on.

"Surprise!" Michael looked shocked and his mouth was in an 'O' shape. Everyone had come to support Michael's homecoming. Chase, Holli, Blaise, Gabe, Melissa, Michael's family- whom I still haven't met- and unfortunately my family. It had been about 8 months since I had last seen them and I stiffened. Luckily, Michael hadn't noticed my reluctance because today was about him.

Chase noticed though and came over and hugged me. He kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear. "They've missed you. Please hear them out." I barely nodded, but Chase saw it and beamed at me. "Thanks, sis."

Michael was surrounded by his family who he hadn't seen for some time considering how doting they were. I slipped past them and walked over to my family. "Hi." My mother smiled shyly at me and my father looked sheepish.

Before anyone could even say anything, a small weight barreled into my legs making me stagger. "I missed you so much, Micah." My eyes immediately watered as I dropped down to my knees and hugged my little sister. She was only 7 and I had missed her so much.

"I missed you too, Bunny." I hugged her and cried into her small shoulder. I lived for this little girl and all the pain and loneliness from my family came rushing to me.

"Micah, I'm sorry for what I did. I should've helped you. I should've been on your side, not neglecting you." My mom was crying now and I stood up to hug her. I'd forgiven them a long time ago. I wouldn't let their mistake dictate my life.

"I forgive you mom. You too, dad." He seemed to visibly relax and its like that's what he'd been waiting for. I sensed somebody looking at me and I pulled away from my mom and turned around to see who was staring at me.

I smiled at Michael and gestured for him to come over. He slowly wheeled himself over to me and grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Mikey, this is my family. This is my mom, Evelin; my father, Jordan; and lastly my sunshine, Hailey."

"Aww, Micah. I thought I was your sunshine. We all turned to see Gabe saunter over and throw his arm over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him. He was so dumb, but I still loved him.

"Fam, these are my friends, Gabe and Blaise," Blaise had found himself next to his lover, so I only saw fit to introduce him too. "And this is Michael, my-" I hesitated because we never talked about titles.

"I'm Michael, her boyfriend." He held out his hand for mother and father to shake. Then he turned and held his arms out for Hailey to hug him. She didn't hesitate.

Shoot, if a sexy man was asking me to hug him, I'd be in his arms pretty quick too.

Gabe and Blaise followed suit and shook hands with my family and waved at Hailey who didn't seem to want to let go of Michael at all. To appease her, he just pulled her into his lap, which was quite endearing.