Chapter 10**

I hadn't left the hospital. 3 days later and I was still biting my nails in worry. The doctors lifted the coma yesterday, but it was all u to his body of when he actually woke up. Gabe has been my saving grace through it all. He's brought me clothes, food, and somehow he managed to get me a bed to sleep in.

Probably paid a lot of money for it.

The same nurse who I'd been seeing for the last 3 days passed me to walk to Michael's room. "Excuse me miss, how is he?" I'm sure I looked a worried mess, but I couldn't help it. I missed Michael and I really just wanted to apologize to him.

The nurse gave me a pitied look and she sighed. "I'll tell you what, why don't you come to his room with me?" I perked up and jumped up as fast as my big belly would let me. "How far along are you?"

"5 months." I said smiling down at my belly. My little one was the only topic that could make me smile for the past 3 days.

"Congrats." We walked silently to Michael's room and I chocked up on tears when I saw him. He was covered in wires and his face was still badly bruised.

After his surgery, the doctor told us that his injuries from the actual accident were 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, both his legs broke, and his elbow was shattered.

"Oh Michael." I collapsed in the chair next to him and grabbed his healthy hand. "This is my fault, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said in the office. I love you so much. We love you so much." I said emphasizing the word we. My baby kicked and I jumped up and laid his hand on baby's foot.

"See, he knows his daddy." I remembered he wanted a boy. Michael's heartbeat picked up and his breathing quickened quickly, but then it went back to its normal slow pace. I looked back at the nurse wide eyed and she gave me the same look.

"I'll go get the doctor." 5 minutes later, she was back with the doctor who was giving me a disapproving look.

"Well Ms. Lawrence, you are not supposed to be back here, but you seem to evoke change in Michael's readings and those are very important in his recovery. This is highly unethical, but I'm allowing you to stay in his room from now on."

I began to cry happy tears and I thanked the doctor numerous times. The guilt is eating me up alive and being a part of his recovery is the least I can do. "Michael, can you wake up for me, please. We miss you so much. I just want to see your gorgeous eyes again. Even if you can't forgive me, just wake up." I whispered to him even though the room was empty.

There was something more intimate about it. "What are you doing here?" I turned around and glared at Ashley. She was the cause of all this. She should've accepted that he didn't want her.

"The doctors let me in." I answered coldly. She deserved no response from me.